IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-2015, 08:39 AM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Re: Brand new problem (scary!)

Ya, that's the right adapter. If you're using an ECUtune select monitor adapter and having problems logging it's safe to say the problem lies with the laptop or the software. What version of windows do you have? Do you have a copy of the old ECUtuner software? The ECUtuner software writes directly to the ftdi usb chip driver instead of a virtual serial port like the other software does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikFu S. View Post
I tried to get readings today but it's all garbage. There was some sort of error, the computer restarted while it was logging, and after that Evoscan would not load properly and the battery was low anyway.

We disconnected the O2s and the car started without having to push the pedal, but it ran the same otherwise. We were not able to swap the sensors yet. I advised the shop to just install new ones since I seem to have no record of having them replaced.

We pulled injector connectors and observed the same behavior that I reported the first time. Pulling 1, 2, 3, and 5 does nothing. Pulling 4 slowly bogs the engine, pulling 6 bogs it quickly.

The idle seemed to deteriorate even though the tach read normal revs. It seemed by the time we were done scratching our heads it was running on two cylinders.
Judge that for yourself here: https://youtu.be/Adx9T8yJd5U
The revs seem to increase alright when throttle is applied, though I can tell it still isn't 100%.

I'm going to have them run continuity tests on the injector wires.

You mean this or something else?