Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-17-2012, 09:22 AM

Seat Belt Retraction Problem-Driver's Side

San Diego, California
Monday, December 17, 2012

Hello, everyone.

I am "computer challenged." Although this is my 3rd posting, I could NOT remember how to post, so I sent an email to John Hoffman, who is the chairman of the annual Reading event. After receiving his response, I am preparing this "New Thread."

I am the owner of a 1992 SVX. I purchased this SVX from the original owner in May 2007 in western Pennsylvania. I used my SVX in the eastern part of the USA from May 2007 until July 2012, when I brought the car home to San Diego, California.

The seat belt warning dash light (red) has been flashing for several years. I was told by the SVX guru not to concern myself, as I could not drive my car (too far) to his shop in West Virginia.

Now when the driver's door is opened, the seat belt moves forward. When the door is closed, the seat belt does not move rearward, either with or without the seat belt attached to the black plastic device located inside the track.

Naturally, besides having this legal and safety problem resolved, I would like to have the system cleared regarding the flashing seat belt (red) light on the dash. By doing so, I would know that everything would be functioning 100%.

I have all of the Subaru Service Manuals. John has sent me the pdf for this problem, which is described in sevice manual 4 & 5. Tomorrow I am planning to visit a friend who is also retired and is extremely tech savvy. He has never seen a Subaru SVX.

Is there anyone living in the San Diego area who is the owner of a Subaru SVX and is also tech savvy that would be willing to look at this problem? To my knowledge, there are less than one dozen SVX's in the greater San Diego area.

I would prefer that someone call me or send me an email (see below) rather than respond through our SVX World Network. Please include your name and telephone numbers.

Your cooperation is most appreciated. Many thanks for everything.

Howard
Howard G. Singer
858-454-2628
619-980-4586
email: hgslajolla@gmail.com

MY NEW EMAIL

1992 Subaru SVX Pearlie