Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2011, 07:04 AM
Grand Poo-Bah

Send a message via AIM to halistan Send a message via MSN to halistan Send a message via Yahoo to halistan
Registered SVX
Murphy's Law in full affect

Okay, so for the last month I've been trying to prep to revive my poor SVX. I had been talking to both Tom and Michael (Longassname) and was set to get the engine rebuilt as well as get a new transmission for poor Samantha. They were both loads of help (which I really appreciated guys, thanks a lot )I have spent years saving up the cash to get everything done that I wanted to do and then what happens? Murphy's Law.

First, the Alternator goes out on the Acura (daily driver) setting me back $600. That was a small setback that didn't bring me down too much (Yay optimism!) Of course, since that didn't dampen my spirits life apparently had to try harder.

So the next day after getting the Acura fixed I come home from work and my yard is soaked (we're in a drought here in Texas, and haven't seen rain in months) so I didn't know what the heck was going on.

Had the water company come out and check it and it turned out that my water main broke. They validated that the leak was on my side of the line and my responsibility. So I called a plumber who comes out to fix it. He quoted me a price of $650 so I got it fixed. Then after he was done and turned the water back on and the meter began spinning again. I thought that was fine but he was like "um, that's not right". More searching was done during the rest of the day. As the end of the day approached they found another leak at the southwest corner of my house. Unfortunately, this one was in the slab. They came back the next day and fixed it, not without first destroying my checkbook.

The sum total to get the leaks fixed came to $3610. Sooo, getting Samantha roadworthy again is going to take a little more time than I thought. I can still get started on a few things but I'm going to have to stagger the repairs a bit now while I re-save.

Long story short, never forget that Murphy's Law exists. It's real I tell you, REAL! lol. It apparently really enjoys rearing its ugly head just when you're about to do something fun.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image001.jpg (406.0 KB, 235 views)
File Type: jpg image002.jpg (394.0 KB, 215 views)
File Type: jpg image004.jpg (323.0 KB, 211 views)
All new and improved custom built engine with forged internals, lowered compression, upgraded cams and a stage III supercharger. AMR Engineering struts, Custom exhaust --All 3 Subaru cats removed, and replaced with 2 high flow mustang cats-- Cross-drilled & Slotted rotors, steel braided brake lines, bypassed stock Tranny cooler replaced with aftermarket B&M super-cooler, and a K&N drop in air filter.