Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Cars For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2011, 01:38 PM
Headin' for the hills

Registered SVX
92 Ls-l California, Best Offer

The time has come, I'm selling the Bandit.

Location of the SVX: Southern California

Year: 1992

Model: LS-L

VIN: JF1CX3531NH100362

Manufacture date: 04/91

Paint Color: Black, originally Dark Teal repainted by previous owner

Interior Color: Grey

Miles: ~217,000

Options: Fully loaded including leather seats, sun roof, speed sensitive steering, etc.

AWD or FWD: AWD

Modifications: ECU Tune Stage 2v7f (FlexFuel), Poly swaybar/diff bushings, 15min mod, HID lighting, new Optima Red Top battery, new Maniac High Output alternator (160Amp), Pioneer AVIC P-4000 headunit, Infinity Reference speakers, 17" wheels with newer tires, tinted rear windows.

Major service: Many sensors, etc. replaced in last 3 years. Recently installed charging system. 3 out of 4 axles replaced over three years. 3 out of 4 wheel bearings replaced over two years. Synthetic Blend oil change and coolant flush done less than 1000mi ago.

Engine Condition: Some issues explained below, but I believe the engine itself to be in good shape. Small leaks from valve covers, but nothing critical. Runs very strong about 80% of the time, but does have an intermittent problem that needs work.

Maintenance Records: All records from 3 years of ownership beginning at 170K, nothing prior. CA Smog cert. from April of this year!

Transmission condition: Slips occasionally if idling too long in drive, I usually pop it into neutral while waiting for a light which prevents this from happening. If it's put in drive, and then driven, the gears all hold and the shifts are firm.

Glass condition: Windshield has slight pitting, no cracks or large dings at all but it is old. The window glass is good, if a little scratched on the driver's side. Dark tint on rear windows with no bubbles or scratches.

Type of tire and remaining tread: Kumho Ecsta ASX tires with less than 5K miles on them. Still very good tread.

Type of wheels: MB Wheels "Drifter" 17x7 with black spokes and a chrome lip.

Interior condition: Driver's seat has torn bolster on seat back, and fading on bottom. Passenger side fair, and back seats good.

Body condition: Lots of door dings on both sides. Drivers front fender is dented in, looks like someone sat on it. Paint in poor condition; orange peel throughout with adhesion problems (flaking) on hood and front bumper, and 2x4" scuff on front corner. Door jams and engine compartment are stock Teal. The car was repainted poorly prior to my owning it, and it has gone downhill fast. I always maintained it well, washing once a week with twice yearly wax by a professional detailer, but it was a loosing battle. Car still looks great from a distance, but I'm being brutally honest in this listing.

Known defects or problems: Driver's front CV joint clicking with a torn boot. Car occasionally has rough idle, especially when in gear, and can stall on you if you aren't ready with the throttle. I haven't been able to diagnose this as it is intermittent and doesn't throw any CEL codes. Trouble with the battery ground causing it to loose connection while starting sometimes. It always goes away by jiggling the neg (-) battery connector, and starts right up. It just needs a couple of feet of replacement wire run to solve the issue as every other component of the charging system is newly upgraded. A/C non-functioning, diagnosed as a leaking compressor bearing. Power steering pump leaks slightly under tank.

Comments about the car: It does have high mileage, but it is a rust-free California car with many recent and expensive parts installed. Very minor sorting is needed to get it mechanically reliable, but cosmetically it is a bit rough. I've cared well for it during my ownership, and it is without a doubt a better car than when I purchased it three years ago. I did a good share of work myself, but often employed a mechanic for bigger tasks. The plan was to go on improving it until it reached perfection, but plans change and now it has to go. It's my favorite car I've ever owned and it pains me to part ways with it. For the asking price you are getting the ECU Tune stage II, a new Optima, HO Alternator, in dash DVD with bluetooth, and upgraded wheels with fresh tires. Those alone should be worth the asking price, I'm throwing in the rest of the car for free!

Asking price: $1500 OBO. Don't be shy.

Pictures: I've got to get it out for some real sale pics, but here's a taste.

'92 LS-L "Bandit" #362 formerly dark teal, repainted by prev owner
Mods: ECUTune 2v7f, Earthworm bushings, Pioneer DVD/Bluetooth phone, Infinity Reference all around, tint, 17" wheels, custom seat belt computer, velcro visor

Buying parts is like car payments. Someday she'll be all mine.

Last edited by K_Dub; 09-04-2011 at 09:55 PM. Reason: added more details. Trying to make it comprehensive.