Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2010, 03:51 AM
One teal and One yellow

Re: 92 Wrecked SVX vs 96 Wrecked SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowise View Post
I probably wouldn't buy that 96. Seems like such a hassle if your paying for everything. Yes $200 bucks would be an ok deal without the drivetrain. However you say you are going to have to pay someone to remove the trans for him. Thats not a good deal. I would suggest keep looking and check salvage yards. There are SVX around you may be able to get the fenders you need for dirt cheap. Heck people on the forum may volunteer to stop at a salvage yard they know has one and get parts for you. I got a pretty good deal on my second car without drivetrain (did get rear diff though) for $400. I rented a uhaul trailer and picked it up. I know you want your car back and to get it done quick. A little extra time and patience will save you money and may even get you more to work with. If he drops his own trans and pulls his own engine I say go ahead get it for 200.
too late. i have bought it today. oppositely, I think this is one of the best $200 bucks I spent. for me, i think it's a pretty good deal.

so this is the final deal today. i paid him 200 bucks today. i will have someone remove the trans for him and he will come get it. after that, the whole car is mine including the engine!!!! the guy who's going to work on my car will remove the trans for me and some useful parts for 150 bucks! i m the AAA annual member and from the location of 96 polo to the place I m going to work at is only 4 miles. So my towing for today is No charge! the bottom line is i paid him 350 bucks and the whole car is mine and i keep the eg33 motor (sounds pretty good, i had it running and rev to 4, 5 grands today) and lota parts to play with. i probably will make a small profit( lot of times) and break even after that on this car. later on, i will be renting a storage to keep all the good parts for a while...if anyone needs it. first, i will be swapping all four tires from 96 polo to 92 teal.....i have checked the four tires on the 96.....it's like 60% or more tread left...( lol they're made in the end of 2008...so they're quite fresh compare to those on my 92 hehe)....those tires and wheels in the first place already get my 200 bucks back imo....

also i do not want to wait and spend more times to look....as SVX is getting rare...i do not believe i will find another good parts car in a short time within 200-300 miles range...

actually i have found all the parts i need for my 92 teal.....
front fender OT has it...he wanted 75 bucks for the fender...70 miles one way
1/4 panel huck has one....he could let me have it if I go down and cut it off...(very nice from him).....400 miles one way
door...OT has two but different window color...Huck's door might be good with some dents....
All these will take at least like 18 hours driving before spending time on cutting, talking and hanging out lol.....call off one, two days of work...that's easily few hundreds dollars there with times, gas and lot of travel lol...

cool thing is i found this 96 polo in town....i had everything done....towing in two hours...or previous contacts on the phone with owner and etc...the most 2 1/2 hours....then i have a car with lota parts to play with.....good deal

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05