Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-28-2008, 07:55 PM
Subaru Technician

Send a message via AIM to Hondasucks Send a message via MSN to Hondasucks Send a message via Yahoo to Hondasucks
Registered SVX
All about my REALLY AWESOME day at the junkyard

So Dad and I were gonna cruise his 64 1/2 Mustang down to the auto parts store to pick up a bolt for the Peugeot, when I suggested that we go to the junkyard while we are out and look for a grille for my wife's turbo legacy.
When I get to the yard, I notice there is a new SVX in the yard, a 92 claret. It's not in the greatest of shape, but it had the corner light that I needed for mine.

In the course of digging for a screwdriver or something to that effect in the car, I notice that the trunk is missing it's center light panel, and I think to myself damn, must have had an Alcyone light panel. Don't find a screwdriver, but I decide to dig in the car and see if it has the under seat tray or the cupholder, when I happen to glance between the seats and see this:

So about this time I'm doing the happy dance, and I go to the front of the car to lift the hood and see if the drive train was still in it (it wasn't) but I found this on the hood:

So I went back to the inside of the car in order to see if there are any other goodies in there, and I find these inside the car:

I did forget the drive shaft though, so next week when I get paid I'm going to go back and get the drive shaft, and check to see what ratio the rear diff is. The pedal cluster looks like a PITA to get to since the car is smashed on that side, so I probably won't grab that (It's just a normal boring Subaru MT pedal cluster, not a WRX cluster like I was hoping), but now I have almost all I need to convert it to a 5 speed I wonder if this belonged to anyone on here? Doubtful, but someone who is into their SVX enough to swap to a 5 speed has probably at least heard of the board.
1992 SVX LS-L #1222 Pearl White
1987 GL Turbo wagon, 5 lug conversion, D/R 5 speed (Rice killer)
1992 Dodge Ram 4x4 diesel (car hauler)
1968 Dodge Polara convertible (Camaro killer)
1990 Toyota Corolla FWD auto (330,000 mile grocery getter)
1986 VW Jetta