How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2006, 06:59 AM

Lightbulb STi Suspension...A Boy Can Dream Right?

So it is 4:00 in the morning and instead of sleeping or doing work which I should have done a week ago, a thought came to me while browsing the classifieds on NASIOC. Do the shocks and struts for an 04 STi (or any year STi for that matter) bolt on to the SVX? Since ANYTHING can be done for a price, I would imagine that that it would not be a problem for someone willing to spend 1,000's in moding and fabricating. However, my question is more will these parts work as a direct (i.e. NO moding) bolt on? (The parts I am referring to are pictured below)

I realize that there is probably 50 million things or so that I am not considering such as strut length affecting ride height and what not, but like I said it's 4:00 in the morning so I am choosing to ignore those for now. The reason I ask anyways is that the massive amounts of body roll in the stock SVX suspension is starting to get annoying. I really don't get how this thing pulled 0.92 on the skidpad with the amount of body roll it has. Anyways, that got me thinking about suspension upgrades, and while the Koni GC setup is probably a better way to go, this just seemed more exciting. Alright, you may now begin showering me with responses ...

- Case

P.S. I already tried the "Search" button and didn't really get any clear consensus. This may just be the only topic that has not been discussed to death on this forum .

Last edited by trickynicky; 03-04-2007 at 12:56 PM.