SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-2006, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b3lha
Duty Solenoid C is pin c3 of the TCU (Green/Red wire). IIRC, the TCU controls the torque split by pulsing the solenoid on and off very rapidly.

My transmission is different to yours, but I have driven it with the diff lock fuse inserted and believe me when I say that you don't want your transmission locked up in this way unless you are driving on a very slippery surface. It will bind up on the slightest of bends and put tremendous strain on the differentials.

Would you rather get stuck because the road is slippy or because your transmission bound up and the differentials broke?

Well hey now our trannies are more similar. I put a fuse instead of a switch because I am only going to have the 50/50 split when it snows. And in answer to your question I would rather not get stuck in the snow.

Many people on here say if the cars in FWD all the time the diff will blow. Now you say if its in 4WD the diff will blow. Well you know what good I hope it blows!

As my car was (before I just did this) the car wouldnt even move in the snow unless I put it in 2nd and barely gave it any gas. If I wanted to change lanes it was nearly impossible to not slide. The car as I said really sucks in just FWD when its supposed to be AWD. So now when I remove the fuse the 50/50 split works. I believe either my TCU is always sending power to the solenoid making it FWD. I dont know if the TCU is bad or one of the sensors that communicates with the TCU. I have no codes on the TCU. If anyone else tells me that when the solenoid fails the car becomes FWD I would have to say you mean the TCU fails because unless your talking about the solenoid failing by sticking in the closed position it cant be true.

Also If you look at the info in LEE's PDF file it show the connectors wrong it counts from 8-1 when it should count from 1-8 as 3 in that order is an empty spot no wire. Although a few pages down it shows the voltage for that wire with the FWD fuse in with power. Not without. And normal operation were the solenoid would be making the AWD work is less voltage less power. No power equals 50/50 split 100% fluid to transfer clutch!! SO BLAH BLAH BLAH I WIN

1993 Ford Probe 30mpg 213k
1989 Subaru XT6 150k
All good and running

Last edited by spinn360; 03-19-2006 at 07:21 PM.