How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2005, 05:59 AM

Anybody have a svx with a junk motor I can have :)

I got rid of my Fiero that I put a 350 sb in with 50 shot Nitrous. At the same time I was doing this my friend was putting a Caddy North* in his. Well his runs much better, mine kept tearing out the trans so down the road it went. It's in Iowa now and the guy that got it is having same issues.

Anyway we were looking at the SVX and did some measuring. Looks like the Caddy N* could be a fit. I know Caddy made an all wheel drive version but I haven't been able to find one to do some measuring off of. None in the junkyards around me. Pretty sure the frame would have to be tied since the motor is in front. On the Fiero you dont have to worry about it. Motor is in the back. If anyone is interested in that swap and then having a little rocket you can get the adapter plates from http://www.v8archie.com/ Just by his econo kit to save money and find the rest of your stuff local like I did.

Anyway back to the SVX. Has anyone tried doing a swap like this yet?
I don't want to hack mine yet but the idea is floating around in my head and everytime I go over to my friends house and see his car, we keep talking about it. Maybe I should look into doing it to an XT. Less money to get started and probably could find a fwd car to hack.

Guess I better wait and see if I can find a job after March first. I may have to sell toys instead of play with them

Oh well, guess I'm bored this morning. lol