SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2002, 08:39 PM
srmifer

maybe if i kick it...

just kiddin...anyways, i'm taking my car into the shop tomorrow. it's getting new front brakes, but i'm having them take a look at my electrical too. i don't have a clue what it is...i've heard you guys talk about an alternator mod...i've seen a picture of it...but is there like a written document describing the process? it makes life much easier for me if things are written down. my battery i just put in, i stole from the toyota is under a year old...and my svx drains that one too. i'm glad i have a charger, or it'd be dead in two days. it's fully charged in the morning b/c i charge it overnight...and later in the day, it's got half charge. i think it's the alternator...so we'll see. anyone ever hear a rattle like sound coming from the frontish area of the car when they accelerate? i don't have a clue what it is...oh, also, pulled the resistor out tonight...thing just pops right out after you push the little clip part in...it shifts like it has some guts to it now! it's not as harsh as i thought it would be, but it's just enough to say 'hello, i'm shifting now!'