SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2005, 10:47 AM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

damn you window

So my window has been having an issue the past few months. On the drivers side door panel where all the window controls are, the switches for the drivers window and rear left dont work that well....the switches aren't tight...their loose and they rock back and forth....hit them the right way and the window goes down perfectly....pull up on it and it goes up all the time. Recently the drivers switch has gotten alot worse...and i have to avoid drive thry's and what not cuz the window likes to be selective in going down. So today on my way back home from school im doing approx 55 in a 40 and i get stopped by the police. He comes to my window and of course i can't get it to go down so the nice officer sees me fidgiting (sp?) and starts yelling at me to stop. He asked me to open the door...i gave him my stuff and he was nice enough to let me off the hook. As i was pulling away from the side the damned thing opened. I cursed and screamed all the way home. Someone has mentioned opening the door panel and opening the box to gain access to the switches and stuffing a paper clip in there so the switch won't rock and it will work right. I dont think the whole thing is shot as it works fine when it decides to go down...the lightest tug on the switch makes it go right back up. Are the two screws on the inside of the door toward the front of the car the only ones that hold the door on? Its gotten to the point where the window won't go down at all anymore unless i press it in an awkward way and even then it doesnt go down sometimes.

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network