SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2004, 05:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to Supa_Roo
SVX Fate!

Hey everyone, I know I haven’t posted on here for ages, but I have an incredible story of SVX fate and coincidence to tell.

First off, you should know that my SVX (With 2 day old wheel bearings, btw) was totaled in an accident back in October where the driver of a Chevy Venture ran a red light and collided with me in an intersection. I was devastated by the loss of my beloved SVX (See "Wreck" in my locker)

After the accident, I purchased a '91 Honda Prelude Si for a winter charmer. All the while, in the back of my mind, I kept thinking how I must have another SVX, but I didn’t take any action.

Months later, while sitting at my computer, I received an instant message from someone with the screen name “Alcyone SVX.” I figured it was someone I knew from this board. But no, this person had seen my personal ad on a popular website and wanted to say hello, not knowing who I was. We began talking and, of course, the first thing I asked was “you have a SVX!?” He told me he did, we talked cars for a while, and then I showed him pictures of my wrecked SVX. Moments later he said “dude, I just bought your car from the junk yard and parted it out!!” It took a minute to sink in, as I was in disbelief. He then told me some facts about the car that he parted out, which proved it was mine. He even had the nerve to offer me my own trunk lid back, as it was still sitting in his garage. This SVX killer turned out to be your beloved administrator Mike.

Ever since then, Mike and I have been chatting every day. I told him that I wanted to get another SVX so he kept his eyes open for me. It seems that he is just as interested in me getting another SVX as I am. Recently, he told me about SVXqueen’s claret ’92 that is for sale. So I met up with Mike and he took me to see it, and he even let me drive his 5 speed SVX, which was very exhilarating to say the least. Anyways, I am picking up my new SVX (already named Sally) this Friday, and I will be the new SVX queen

If anyone is looking for a very nice Honda Prelude, check out my auction on ebay, you will be supporting a good cause!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2471082648

Nick