Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2008, 07:14 AM
Certified Porschephile

Burning down the house: What caused the economic crisis?

The video the dems don't want you to see...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RZVw3no2A4
Old 10-03-2008, 02:42 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Re: Burning down the house: What caused the economic crisis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
The video the dems don't want you to see...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RZVw3no2A4
Do you notice how quiet it is after people view these facts??? They have no comment because it is to straight forward and a matter of factual record. I laugh when I hear democrats blame the current crisis on "deregulation" which is true capitalism. But, when you try to inject social issues in capitalism such as forcing bad loans to unqualified people---BAD THINGS HAPPEN AND DID!!!!!!!!!!!

The responsible parties for the current financial crisis is purely on the democrats. Not ONLY injecting social experimentation, but then refusing to support laws that would have slowed down the FMs.

Do you think maybe it was because of the big FMs contributions to democrats like Dodd and Hussein Obama????

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 10-03-2008, 03:31 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX

Good vid I'll spread it around.

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles
Old 10-03-2008, 04:16 PM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Send a message via AIM to Weebitob
Registered SVX

Do many folks go out of their way to suppress what they know just to justify their opinion in something? It takes two parties to tango when it comes to passing bills in congress and yes they were not vetoed by what happened to be a Democratic President (Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton) in both cases. Also, keep in mind that during the Clinton administration the House was a majority Republican.

But now think about this, how would it look for re-election if either candidate did not pass bills or establish organization that are on the flip side supposed to help people reach the American Dream?

Last edited by Weebitob; 10-03-2008 at 04:26 PM.
Old 10-03-2008, 04:50 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77 View Post
Do you notice how quiet it is after people view these facts??? They have no comment because it is to straight forward and a matter of factual record. I laugh when I hear democrats blame the current crisis on "deregulation" which is true capitalism. But, when you try to inject social issues in capitalism such as forcing bad loans to unqualified people---BAD THINGS HAPPEN AND DID!!!!!!!!!!!

The responsible parties for the current financial crisis is purely on the democrats. Not ONLY injecting social experimentation, but then refusing to support laws that would have slowed down the FMs.

Do you think maybe it was because of the big FMs contributions to democrats like Dodd and Hussein Obama????

Lee
While you're praising facts one that the site neglected to point out is that Fannie and Freddie gave a higher percentage of the total contributions McCain has received thus far then they gave to Barrack. He's just a less demanding ***** of 'em. I believe he was 3rd or 4th in line of total contributions so he must be a whole lot better

In 95 wasn't it the Republicans who controlled both the House and Senate? Seems like the Democrats must've had some help creating the mess. I see that since your a fan of capitalism then you'll be supporting someone from the Libertarian party this year. You know someone who believes in free market. Someone who isn't John, I'll take Fannie and Freddie's money right beside my partner Barrry, McCain. Someone who belives in a true capitalistic system where the Fed doesn't insure your bank accounts, doesn't hold a death grip on economic grown and decline by controlling interest, doesn't spend more than it takes in so we pay $250 a taxpayer each year simply on INTREST to foreign investors. At least when we buy oil from foreign countries we get something for that money. What do we get from our debt?
Old 10-04-2008, 10:32 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob View Post
While you're praising facts one that the site neglected to point out is that Fannie and Freddie gave a higher percentage of the total contributions McCain has received thus far then they gave to Barrack. He's just a less demanding ***** of 'em. I believe he was 3rd or 4th in line of total contributions so he must be a whole lot better
As usual you are just throwing words and try to obfuscate the issue without really researching the facts or providing any realistic input or links.

You might try this link just for a few more facts.

http://citizenwells.wordpress.com/20...cain-reformer/

As to the political contributions by the FMs, lets be fair and go way back to see how much has been contributed.

How about from 1989-2008??

1. Dodd--$133900
2. Kerry--$111000
3. Obama--$105849
4. Clinton, H--$75550
5. Kanjorski--$65500

Don't think I see McCain in top 5--do you?

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 10-04-2008, 10:49 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX

presentation is everything. That video was poorly executed..> While I do not disagree with the statements made... It could have been presented in a more professional manner.

Tom
Old 10-04-2008, 03:26 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
presentation is everything. That video was poorly executed..> While I do not disagree with the statements made... It could have been presented in a more professional manner.

Tom
I agree with this. They tried to put to much information in a short video and in doing so lost much of the impact. It moves so fast its hard to comprehend what is being shown or said. It needed to slow down and clearly articulate the points being made.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 10-04-2008, 10:54 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

The words I through out came right out of Rush Dumba$$'s lips. I guess he's not a trusted source for you. I'm not talking about 98-08. I'm talking about today, hear and now on this campaign. I guess that doesn't seem to matter to you though that more of the money your canidate spends came directly from FM and FM then Barry's did.

Any way you want to spin it the reality is John McCann is nothing more than a 2 bit liar when it comes to reforming the system. He'll gladly take the money just as any other democrat or republican will. Just because he's a cheaper ***** than Barry doesn't mean he's any less guilty of using the current political system to get himself elected. BTW FM and FM cannot make political contributions, just as the President cannot vote in Congress.

He does it because Americans like you continue to vote for 'em! Until that changes you get what you vote in there.

Since you obviously like dubious "news" sources to back up your 1/2 truths or like Jeff are too lazy to do the research yourself then this should get you started:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/727/

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77 View Post
As usual you are just throwing words and try to obfuscate the issue without really researching the facts or providing any realistic input or links.

You might try this link just for a few more facts.

http://citizenwells.wordpress.com/20...cain-reformer/

As to the political contributions by the FMs, lets be fair and go way back to see how much has been contributed.

How about from 1989-2008??

1. Dodd--$133900
2. Kerry--$111000
3. Obama--$105849
4. Clinton, H--$75550
5. Kanjorski--$65500

Don't think I see McCain in top 5--do you?

Lee

Last edited by benebob; 10-04-2008 at 11:03 AM.
Old 10-04-2008, 03:45 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob View Post
The words I through out came right out of Rush Dumba$$'s lips. I guess he's not a trusted source for you. I'm not talking about 98-08. I'm talking about today, hear and now on this campaign. I guess that doesn't seem to matter to you though that more of the money your canidate spends came directly from FM and FM then Barry's did.

Any way you want to spin it the reality is John McCann is nothing more than a 2 bit liar when it comes to reforming the system. He'll gladly take the money just as any other democrat or republican will. Just because he's a cheaper ***** than Barry doesn't mean he's any less guilty of using the current political system to get himself elected. BTW FM and FM cannot make political contributions, just as the President cannot vote in Congress.

He does it because Americans like you continue to vote for 'em! Until that changes you get what you vote in there.

Since you obviously like dubious "news" sources to back up your 1/2 truths or like Jeff are too lazy to do the research yourself then this should get you started:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/727/
First, it might surprise you to know that I don't even listen to Rush. I guess I might have listened to him 2 times in my entire life and decided that his slant on things was far more radical than my beliefs.

You cite a sourse that confirms what I have said, but only makes fuzzy connections to the point you are trying to make. They fail to make a true DIRECT McCain connection and fail to define McCain related committees.

THE CLEAR FACT REMAINS---Obama claims to be the one for change, but is in bed with our biggest current economic problem. DOES THAT SOUND LIKE CHANGE??? Sounds like political corruption as usual to me and it is especially significant given the short time he has been in the Senate. There are many years to scrutinize McCain's conduct and they have not been able to come up with anything significant other than the $2M from big oil. To put this in perspective you would need to evaluate those contributions to him over what time period as opposed to all other politicians. Then you would have to compare it with his big oil votes compared to all other politicians. Also, whether direct contributions or from company employees, etc, etc. The figure is meaningless without comparative figures as given in the contributions to Obama.

YOU are the one that needs to start looking and quit being lazy and spouting nonsense.

Oh, by the way--your statement on DIRECT contributions from the FMs to McCain is totally false and not even supported by the link you provide.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Last edited by lhopp77; 10-04-2008 at 03:48 PM.