IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2002, 05:21 PM
ClarkKentSVX

5spd

Hello All,

After trying to remember my old password to my old user name I decided to get a new one. Don't you hate getting a new computer I got used to posting with it stored, and since I've been away for about 8 months, I forgot. Anyways.

I've been reading about all the talk of a 5spd conversion, and Small Car Performance's work. Very Cool. Well, here's the story. I've been thinking about ditching my SVX for about a year now, to get a WRX. The funny thing is I've bonded to the car, even thought it isn't driveable. When I bought the car, I knew the cam seals were leaking, but figured, "Hey!, I'll fix it", but I never got around to it. Then, about 6 months ago, I ran the SVX into a tree that fell down in front of me. I didn't think it did anything until I got home, 8 miles later, and noticed the tree followed me home, as well as paid my radiator a visit. I "fixed" it will some high temp epoxy, but that lasted a month, and is leaking again. Then on my birthday, April 1st, the tranny decided to shift 1-2 than back to 1, with it slipping so much, I can barely keep 45 mph on the speedo.

Bummer. I email Small Car, but it seems they still need some time to do a kit, because they are still on their 2nd and 3rd cars. I read Hucks conversion (impressive) and decided if I am going to keep it, it WILL BE A 5 SPD!! I was wondering if someone can tell me exactly what parts are the best (2.5 RS tranny? ,Performance clutch? Driveshaft work? and so on) Believe it or not, I can't find a shop willing to do all the work, without myself either locating parts and getting part numbers. All this will be GREATLY appreciated!! After all, my SVX is looking depressed being unable to enjoy all this great weather (except for this week) were having in N.E. PA. Thanks in advance! I fiqured it would cost roughly the same as rebuilding my 4EAT(3500 +)

Clark