SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2002, 11:38 AM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Anyone know where to buy a SVX engine?

Greetings All,

I'm looking for a SVX engine with low miles for sale. I called the Subaru Dealerships and all they have are short block engines for a 1992 SVX that runs $7000. I did not know if anyone here knows a place to buy these and/or a good mechanic in the Atlanta, GA area that does a good job on the SVX's. One dealership here in Atlanta said that they would not even touch that car because of it's age. Thanks for the help!

Harry
Old 12-31-2002, 02:20 PM
ALsvx

Harry,

I have a 92 engine that has about 116K miles on it. It is still in the car and you can hear it run before you buy it (if you want it). I bought the car for the front-end body parts to fix my ’96 that hit a tree. The car is at my brother’s shop in Moody, Al which is only about 2 hours from Atlanta. I really wasn’t thinking about selling any parts since I have two other SVX’s and I know as soon as I sell something from the “parts” car that will be what breaks on one of the others.

You can e-mail me @ bfagan@charter.net or call me @ 205-655-8691

Bill
Old 12-31-2002, 04:39 PM
Green1995SVX

Re: Anyone know where to buy a SVX engine?

Quote:
Originally posted by Noir
Greetings All,

I'm looking for a SVX engine with low miles for sale. I called the Subaru Dealerships and all they have are short block engines for a 1992 SVX that runs $7000. I did not know if anyone here knows a place to buy these and/or a good mechanic in the Atlanta, GA area that does a good job on the SVX's. One dealership here in Atlanta said that they would not even touch that car because of it's age. Thanks for the help!

Harry
I cant believe the dealer wont service an SVX. They should be reported to SOA. There are a few SVX's out there that are still under warranty. I would hate to have my waranteed SVX and take it there only to be turned away.

Mike
Old 12-31-2002, 06:38 PM

Thanks, I definitely will contact you to see how the engine is and how well it runs. I actually just bought a svx today. I want to make sure that I can keep this car running. I must admit, I've driven quite a few cars and this svx just rocks. It was raining today so it was the best time for me to hit the curvey roads. Ran like a charm, other cars that I drove would skid and drift out of lanes, but this svx gripped and kept going. I like drifting too, but this is pretty fun to drive.

The svx is a 1992 teal colored w/touring package.

I think I got a steal $1300usd. I snowballed the dealer, the odometer said 198000. But since this vehicle was from Canada the unit of distance measure was KM vs Mile. In actuality, I think the car has around 110000 Miles on it. I still have to find a good svx mechanic to service this and make sure everything is in good shape engine and transmission wise, that's all I'm really worried about. Although, the driver's side window does not function, the sunroof does not function, rear passenger light is damaged (looks like from a shopping cart ;( ah well), cigarette lighter is out. If you have some extra parts that can be used to replace some of these, that would be great. I want to restore it and take out the rock chips and repaint it if necessary.

By the way, I gunned the car a few times to test out the power, after I got home I smelled the tempering of hot steel. Is that normal? I wanted to make sure that the cooling system/radiator was still working properly.

Know any good svx mechanics in the Atlanta area?

Thanks!

Harry
Old 12-31-2002, 06:42 PM

By the way, the Subaru Dealership that would not service it was Atlanta "Classic" Subaru from the www.subaru.com website. Also some other Subaru dealers around Atlanta did not sound that enthusied about fixing the SVX after I was requesting a few things be done. They wanted me to just get rid of it and get another vehicle. Morons. Name a car that has similar features that's not $100000 usd.
Old 12-31-2002, 07:42 PM
Green1995SVX

Your sunroof...

Try pushing up on the sunroof panel while pressing the open button... that should do the trick.

Mike
Old 01-01-2003, 03:24 AM

Talking

Will do, thx Mike, I'll try that in the morning. I'm going to wash and clean up/detail the car in the morning! Going to get my new baby looking and running brand new!

Harry
Old 01-01-2003, 10:32 AM
Ticallion

For your engine, try www.car-part.com

I have found SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many hard-to-find parts for my SVX and for my GF's Talon TSi.

Good luck!
-Ross
Old 01-02-2003, 10:41 PM
KUL RIDE

This might be it

They will even ship it for free.

http://home.att.net/~teaguesauto/parts1.htm

Hope this works out for you.
Old 01-03-2003, 03:15 AM

Thx Kul, good to know that I'm not doomed if the engine fails! Woot I can restore this SVX to original brand new shape!