Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Cars For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2009, 12:33 PM
Resident Filmmaker

Thumbs up 1994 Laguna Blue LSi w/ just 73k miles in excellent condition! (Boise/Eagle, ID)

Yes, this time i'm serious. It's hard not to think about how much i'll miss it, though.

State SVX is in: Idaho

Year: 1994

Model: SVX LSi

Paint Color: Laguna Blue

Interior Color: Dark Grey (Leather)

Miles: 73,8XX (current DD)

Options: Power Equip, Moonroof, AWD, Speed Sensitive Steering, heated mirrors, etc... (usual LSi pkg items)

AWD or FWD: AWD

Modifications: 6000k HID headlights, K&N Filter, Removed the SVX badges from behind the rear-windows (they're still on there in the pictures) and tinted the windows all the way around to 50% except for the windshield, which has none, and the roll-down portion of the front windows, which are a lighter 70% to remain Cali-legal. (visible in photos)

Major service: had the 60k full-service done by my trusted mechanic before I drove it down to SoCal. When I got that service done I also had to get the water pump replaced, which wasn't part of the planned service.

Engine Condition: Runs smooth and strong, always using Premium Octane gas.

Maintenance Records: I created a personal binder that I keep in the car with all the records: legal, mods, service, etc. stemming back to my original purchase of the car.

Transmission condition: Stock, Shifts smooth.

Glass condition: Clean, no chips or blemishes to report aside from usual road wear. Professionally tinted all around except for the windshield, the roll-down portion of the front windows are a lighter 70% to improve visibility at night, while everything else is a darker 50%.

Type of tires & wheels: the stock wheels that came with it out of the factory, clean with no real curb rash. The tires are essentially new, purchased right near the end of February, real nice looking All-Season Kumho GT's

Interior condition: Clean throughout, no stains in the suede. Only real gripe to note is a tear in the center console just ahead of the back seat ashtray (i'll get a pic of it soon) I attempted to glue it with an epoxy I had, but if those sorts of things both you, you'll still notice it. (I have to point it out for most people to notice it) It should also be noted that the CD player does not work, the motor that pushes out the discs gave up about a month into my ownership of the car, since then, i've been much happier simply running my iPod through the tape deck converter instead, (the radio and sound system work fine/sound awesome, it's just the CD player's ability to physically receive/eject discs that's the issue)

Body condition: Great. The paint is all original with no oxidation, having been garage kept before I owned it, and garage kept while I went to film school in California. It's now back in Idaho with a car cover over it since there's no room in my parent's garage. Just some chips and marks here and there from a lot of highway miles.

Known defects or problems: I've always kept up on any issues and never let them last for long, I just had the tranny fluid flushed yesterday so she's shifting beautifully. Though, oddly, i've noticed that, on or off, the cruise control isn't activating when i trigger it. I can hear it click but it wouldn't respond when i tried to set a speed, it just let the revs fall. I'm going to have my shop look at it tomorrow and fix whatever is causing the issue, it's probably quite simple.

Comments about the car: This car appeared in the most recent SVX Calendar! The car has been solid and treated me reliably since I bought it in the August of '07 with 52k miles on the odo. (the story can be found on this site) I seriously love this car, but now that i'm moving out on my own, i'm intending to use the money from this sale to get my motorcycle endorsement and use one as a commuter and use a '98 Blazer i'm buying off my parents as the winter vehicle.

Asking price: $6000

Pictures: Next Post. (I'll get some interior shots soon)

Anything else you wanna know just call or email me:

thegr8dane@gmail.com
(208) 863-0977 Ask for Dane

"BMW is the pioneer of character lines?
Whatever. Take a look at my Subaru's windows
and tell me those lines don't have character.
Punk."

Last edited by Gr8Dane; 06-14-2009 at 12:57 PM.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:37 PM
Resident Filmmaker

Re: 1994 Laguna Blue LSi w/ just 73k miles in excellent condition! (Boise/Eagle, ID)

And one of a few videos I made that featured my beloved ride: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrIzBGDRKA4

Punk."

Last edited by Gr8Dane; 06-14-2009 at 12:50 PM.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:10 PM

Re: 1994 Laguna Blue LSi w/ just 73k miles in excellent condition! (Boise/Eagle, ID)

Nice car.

I've been using it as a desktop background on my computer, as a prime example of a Laguna Blue SVX.

And me with a bike that I am getting ready to sell... an 89 Honda Hawk GT (but it needs just a touch of regular maintenance... chain, sprockets, fork seals, the usuals.)

but also being several states away, and otherwise low on cash doesn't help.

That car, with three modifications, those being manual gearbox conversion, a black roof and trunk paint change, and some 18" BBS wheels... and it would be near PERFECTION.

73k miles... barely even broken in....

Last edited by BoxerFanatic; 06-14-2009 at 08:13 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:38 AM
Resident Filmmaker

much appreciated!

I always wanted to throw on some RX-8 or 335i wheels on there...money just goes towards more necessary things haha.

I'm looking to start simple by getting a late model Buell Blast, then i'll move up from there...

I'm the third owner of the car, but also the only person to own it that's under the age of 65 haha, i always take care of it though. Never racing it or beating it around corners and bumps. Sure, the paint has some marks here and there from the usual suspects, but i always take trash out of the car before it adds up and never let anything accumulate. I run a tight ship in there haha. Even the suede and leather are still in fine-to-great shape after all these years, i condition them once a month or so.

I want my car to go to a loving home. But i'm open to anyone who likes it

Punk."
Old 06-16-2009, 08:48 AM

If I had some money set aside for this, I would be seriously interested. But times are tighter than I would like...
Old 06-17-2009, 12:02 PM
Resident Filmmaker

*sigh* I definitely understand...i'm just getting ready to write "For Sale" in soap on the windows and post a CL listing...kinda sad but as long as it goes to someone who will take care of it at least as well as I did, then i'll be happy, even to watch it go

Punk."
Old 06-17-2009, 05:25 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Thumbs up Re: 1994 Laguna Blue LSi w/ just 73k miles in excellent condition! (Boise/Eagle, ID)

That's a very lovely SVX Dane.

I wish you well with the sale, and I hope it gets as good an owner as you have been.

Somebody is going to fall in lucky with this one. Lagunas are rare and beautiful.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 06-27-2009, 10:01 AM

Registered SVX

Ugh..nuts..long time lurker..

i'm dealing with a health issue here in salt lake trying to get to the bottom of my illness, and i'm thinking of selling my 99' miata to get some spare cash and keep the hospital bills at bay (no insurance)..my idea is to sell the miata hopefully for $7~$8K and then buy a Svx..

but I've always loved the svx, ever since going to japan I loved the look of them - they were too expensive years ago for me, and i'm the same way, I don't drive like a maniac and I wax and polish and amour-al the dash and everything all the time on my miata..fact my miata is probably the cleanest miata down here (70K miles, synthetic oil..wel maintained..just perfectly running) *not boasting but yeah I love japanese cars..I prefer stock as it gets..sort of a collector thinking* plus driving a miata around here in the winter is nuts...pretty scary..I have snow stires but a few years ago I did a Drifting action move that should have been in a action movie...the scary part was, I wasn't trying to drift the car and lost total control on the freeway on a bridge with concrete barriers on both sides. Felt like I was doing 35 in a blizzard looking at passenger sides out my front window. I'm sure the drivers behind me got a nice view but since that scare i've been thinking of selling it (nice hands shaking moment walking into work)

anyway if I was healed and could sell my car right away i'd be on a plane up there to check out your Lsi. I'm looking for something taken well care of, under a 100,000 miles with the timing belt done...and yours is perfect *NUTS!! Wish I feeling better!! you're in my area..zero svx's around here..*

on a side note for all of you, i've been lurking autotrader..so it is worth publishing it there (hopefully you won't... because I fear you will sell..), there are a few i'm looking at closely..the lower the milage and closer to ~$5000 the more excited I get..I hope you don't part that thing out that would be super sad. Hopefully the stars will align and i'll heal and i'll start having a life again..with an svx.

ok that's the end of my sad story but I like your pictures..do you have a picture of the interior? Thanks Matthew

(thanks mods for letting me in

Last edited by Matt007b; 06-27-2009 at 10:06 AM.
Old 06-27-2009, 03:21 PM
Resident Filmmaker

Once I fix my camera here i'll be happy to snap a few of the interior

The only real issue is that tear behind the opening for the center console, it's not something people really notice unless I point it out but it aggravates me nonetheless, and i need to find a better glue that will keep it down, because it likes to snag the console lid when you open it.

that gripe aside, the leather is clean from front to back with no tears or stains, just a little rubbing on the driver's seat but hardly something you can see.

oh, and the CD player as I mentioned is dead. The stereo is great, it just won't play CDs, so sorry if that's an issue. Otherwise I think you'll be hard pressed to find a cleaner, better taken care-of SVX around you

And yes, for your *collector* mindset, I have the stock cupholder, which seems to be quite a hot little item.

Punk."
Old 06-27-2009, 03:54 PM

Registered SVX

Thanks no super rush but I would like to see what that tear looks like (not that it's a huge deal..) could it be replaced by a stock part? (probably not right..?) that's how detailed I am..I even like to do engine detailing that's how much of a dork I am. Plus that would give me a new hobby to work on. I just have a bad hunch with the market that the dealership if I was forced to sell would totally low ball me and wouldn't offer the time and money I've put into it.. but we'll see.

anyway yeah i'll see what I can do, I'm awaiting tests..some days I wonder if i'll ever get better..still sick but thanks yeah your svx looks great, I used to live in meridian idaho..that would make life easier if I still was there lol. Ah well..

We'll see what happens but if I was up there close today.. I would love to sell and buy if I could in a new york minute (if I could only stomach it..bad nausea..)

Thanks

**bad cd player doesn't bug me, I rarely use cd's these days, I use a mp3 type unit..I guess you've been doing a ipodmp3 player through the cassete player?

**the stock cup holder..is that a add-on or a 'comes with original car' thing? Funny thing i've never been in a svx yet here I am in love with em' *shrugs*

Last edited by Matt007b; 06-27-2009 at 03:57 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:34 PM
Resident Filmmaker

Oh don't worry I'll snap some pics this coming week i figure, i'm just starting a new job this week so i'm trying to adjust, but in my free time i'll get the camera fixed and get to it. The tear is something I would assume could only be fixed if you replaced the center console there haha, which makes it sound horrible but it's really not bad at all, it was there before I owned the car. it consists of two parallel tears about 3/4" long, causing a sort of rectangular flap that gets caught on the back of the console door as you flip it open. The best solution would be to glue it down and then find something that could fill the tear and match the color and no one would ever see it. I'd much rather sell privately than trade it in because I know the dealers around here just laugh at SVXs and would definitely not pay what it's worth, particularly for the low mileage, (they could care less, but they'd sell it for more than I'm asking once they had it...jerks)

And hey you lived in Meridian, huh? I'm just in West Boise, only a couple hundred feet from Eagle, so really not too far from there at all.

And you could detail the engine bay all you want! I keep it clean but it's not like it sparkles or anything, though it certainly has that potential.

The factory cupholder was a little plastic bit that slipped into the center console. It was a dumb idea engineering-wise because it meant that your center console had to be open and it had to be empty to allow drinks to rest in it, that's why i went ahead and also bought one of those "wedgies" (best $5 I ever spent) so while the factory cupholders are dumb, they definitely are extremely desirable in the sense of collectibility.

And yes, I've been running my iPod through a cheap little cassette adapter. considering it's coming from a cassette, the sound quality is as good as anything that came from the CD player for the month it worked haha

Punk."

Last edited by Gr8Dane; 06-28-2009 at 09:38 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:55 AM

Registered SVX

well I still like it..still want it but don't rush on the pictures i'm stressing panicking about being out of work at the moment..

I'm sort of messed up looking for work....fact i'm looking for work right now as we speak and the market is totally awful out here, I told my parents how I've always wanted a SVX and AWD/ABS would be a ton safer than the utah weather we have here in my light miata. They totally frowned on the idea since my miata is totally mint condition but seriously..you only live once so i'm thinking of being a rebel..and getting a rental and going up there to see your car.

I listed my miata on craigslist and i'll talk to the dealership and i'm thinking of ebayin' it, autotrader has cars with my mileage selling for $9K but i'd settle for $8-or $7.5 so I could have some extra cash to pay off some medical debt...so if anyone is interested i'll send pics, i'm throwing in snow tires and a car cover. 77K miles/changed timing belt/new tires/battery blahblahblah...

but i'll let you know and yeah i'll look foward to your pictures I didn't know that about the cupholder. The miata is the same way, you have to have the armrest open to place a drink there..it's weird but you get used to it. But yeah I still like it.. i'll see what I can do and hopefully I can see your car soon. I was thinking of just getting a rental for a day and then if I like it deposit the rental at boise airport and then drive back BUT yeah..first selling..we'll see. Market for cars is sucky right now.

*yeah we moved away from meridan idaho when the mall opened. Nice place sort of miss it sometimes..
Old 06-30-2009, 11:13 PM
Resident Filmmaker

I wasn't quite expecting this but my dad might actually be a little interested in your car he wanted me to tell you to post up pics of your Miata so he could have a look. He says it's more out of curiosity than anything, but that with the right deal, something could be possible, if your car is as well kept as you say it is and if it's an automatic. I get a laugh at that second part because 99% of the people that buy Miatas get it with a stick, but he just wants a fun little car to use every now and then for commuting to work or just a little summer top-down fun. He really wants a Saturn Sky but figures if this Miata is a good enough deal then he could be (possibly) persuaded to wait. Of course he's in no rush to get another car, (we have plenty haha) but he is a *bit* interested. He also threw out the idea of us trading cars and me tossing you $1500 on top of it to swap you. No guarantee of course, but he was curious.

Punk."
Old 07-01-2009, 01:18 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX

Dane, should say (and I know I am late) that you have one super beautiful SVX. Good luck with the sale, lucky is the one who will have it.

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:47 PM

Registered SVX

well sadly it is a manual , those automatics are extremely rare to find but they are out there (usually they're cheaper than a stick version because they're not in demand..) they're fun little cars..mostly miata nuts who like the autocross (not that i'm one of them) likes to use this model because of it's lighter weight than the NC model and more powerful than the NA model with a 1.8 liter engine compared to the NA's 1.6 (plus it has a glass rear window unlike the NA's is plastic). The gears on miata's are a little more notchy than your typical manual speed but it is a short throw type style. Handles well and has a nardi torino leather steering wheel. I think the japanese where trying to revive the british convertable/italian convertable theme so that's why they put nardi torino leather steering wheels in them.

These are pics and hopefully the pics show up....I took after the new tires I got little over a year or so ago. It looks the same now. I had to make these pics smaller to fit online (they're like 3meg each)

notice the japanese "roadster badge"?

I posted it online on a bunch of sites, included in the $8K is 4 snow tires which are *studded* and a car cover with the oil filter tool I used.. I'd *cringe* prefer $8k, I know a bunch are selling for $9K..and i'm hurting $$$ wise on medical bills.. but i'll think about it we'll see if there's takers out there like I said the market is not good now.. i've got my mom telling me to look at your car, and my dad yelling at me not to sell it because there's nothing wrong with mine and if I find work soon I can work my way out of debt.....brother thinking it's not a good idea or bad idea..others telling me i'm nuts so *shrugs* I dunno..i'd love to own a svx that's for sure.. *shrugs* I just love the look of it and the luxury idea too..I know it's an older car and parts could go kaput..and i've heard of the oil transmission overheating rear bushings issue but i'm pretty good with maintenance on cars so I dunno. I'm on a fence right now but i'd love to see it...

little off topic...I lost my job due to this illness and now I just found out i'm gluten/wheat/soy intolerant too so that's why i've been sick, ugh bad nausea/upset stomach/anxiety blech....they're telling me it takes weeks to months to feel feel 100% but they're saying I should see improvement as long as I follow my strict diet so hopefully i'll heal soon, I can sort of function but lousy timing looking for a job hence why i'm selling. Might have to apply for disability...

saturn sky wouldn't be a bad idea.. I hear those are fun but i've never seen one around here. Since it's a domestic it probably has more torque at the low end but since they're new they're probably pretty expensive even as a domestic. I think their top automatially lowers right? New miata's are near $20K if I remember right..anyway not a bad idea, miata's are sporty and fun for topless driving (plus you get to use the joke when you're on a date.."wanna go topless?") and they're great on gas mileage but not super roomy so i'd tell your dad to test drive one (well both the saturn and miata). I know the penske bought the saturn group from bankcrupt GM so who knows if they'll still make them *shrugs* ok that's my long post.. that would be interesting if he's interested but yeah sadly it's a manual. But those are the pictures if you or anyone else is bored and want to see. Are the sky's rear wheel drive? I dunno even know that...

Last edited by Matt007b; 07-01-2009 at 01:00 PM.