Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Cars For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2013, 03:46 PM

Craigslist, Greenville, SC 94 LS FWD

http://greenville.craigslist.org/cto/3803733090.html

Not my car but thought I'd throw it up here...FWD as ad states. Rims on wrong side partially.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:15 PM

Re: Craigslist, Greenville, SC 94 LS FWD

Hey fasteract, thanks for posting this! I have been shopping for awhile and was doing nationwide CL searches myself but for some reason that one never came up for me. Bought her for 1800 and she's a sweet ride!! L model but that's what I wanted, and FWD... don't really need AWD here in SW Florida... would rather have the extra mpg and simplicity. Has a lot of little problems but the major components are solid and not a speck of rust!! I've been driving Subarus since 81 and was a dealership mechanic in the 80's and early 90's but this is my first SVX. Thanks again!

Scott
Old 06-09-2013, 04:49 AM

Glad it turned out to be a decent SVX. The FWD models are to be recommended. Remember an old mag article that compared the Audi 5000 Quattro against the 5000 FWD and they concluded, except for the most slippery road conditions, the lighter FWD was the better handling car.

Hopefully you'll enjoy tracking down the minor problems and fixing them as much as I do !! Your Subie techie experience will be welcomed here also. I see you're already scouring the board for parts.

Cheers,

Craig
Old 06-09-2013, 09:58 AM

Registered SVX

Can you post a few pictures the Craig's listing has been deleted . Glad your happy. I search almost weekly. I have found a few for people looking. They are out there. Some do not always pop up. What are some of the glitches?
Old 06-09-2013, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteract7 View Post
Glad it turned out to be a decent SVX. The FWD models are to be recommended. Remember an old mag article that compared the Audi 5000 Quattro against the 5000 FWD and they concluded, except for the most slippery road conditions, the lighter FWD was the better handling car.

Hopefully you'll enjoy tracking down the minor problems and fixing them as much as I do !! Your Subie techie experience will be welcomed here also. I see you're already scouring the board for parts.

Cheers,

Craig
Yes, after driving an AWD Subaru for many years, this car is a little more nimble, even for it's size and weight, and slides through corners without losing much speed at all. And I so enjoy fixing all the little things that are not a problem for me and actually help me learn more about the car! I left the dealership just before the SVX was released...

Thanks again Craig!

Scott
Old 06-09-2013, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conn SVX View Post
Can you post a few pictures the Craig's listing has been deleted . Glad your happy. I search almost weekly. I have found a few for people looking. They are out there. Some do not always pop up. What are some of the glitches?
Sure, here's a couple sent to me before I bought, haven't done a personal photo session yet http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7304/9...115faaf3c6.jpg
She needs valve cover gaskets which I have all the materials for now, including a tube of ultra grey... not Fujibond, but Fujibond isn't Fujibond anymore... has the droopy visors and some fading clearcoat. Just removed the instrument cluster and re-installed the missing CEL and accessed all the trouble codes... going to start that by replacing the K&N filter and cleaning the air flow meter, then go from there Also has a destroyed drivers door panel and window switches which, I just happen to have, stored in a barn in Indiana. Many years ago I knew a guy who had a scrap yard and bought a wrecked SVX, sold the front clip and tranny, then sold me the engine and let me take whatever else I wanted before crushing. I got the suspension and the pristine drivers door, thinking I could sell one day... and left the leather seats cause I never thought I'd own one so, sometimes crap you save pays off...
Old 06-10-2013, 05:56 AM

My pack rat ways as well have paid off in the past as far as having parts needed...my radiator cap was leaking on this new SVX of mine...reached into the drawer and found the cap I had from 14 years ago with intact decal.

Somehow I doubt my '71 Lotus Europa leftovers will see service with me ...there's always eBay.

Dare I ask if the A/C is cold?
Old 06-11-2013, 06:02 AM

Registered SVX

Looks real good..