SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2004, 06:04 PM
DERS

Help! needing differential info

Hey everybody,
I've watched this forum for quite some time, and have gotten some great info from you guys, so I decided to register and join the fun.

I've got a '92 LSL that I'm converting to a 5 speed using a '95 Impreza drive train. I understand that it is not the greatest setup to use, but it was pretty much free. I was hoping I could get a few questions answered.

First-- Will the ring and pinion from the impreza (3.90 gears I think) fit in the SVX diff? If it doesn't, does anyone know who I can get to build me some axles so that I can just mount the whole Impreza diff in the SVX?

Second-- Does anyone know how to wire the reverse lights up when doing the swap?
Old 01-16-2004, 07:41 PM
Superbeast

As long as the Imprezza diff has the bolt in caps like on the SVX, not the screw in style, you can use it. The way to do it though is to put the ring gear from the Imprezza diff on to the SVX diff and put it back in the Imprezza rearend. As for the reverse lights I know Earthworm had just figured it out so he can probly tell you, and there are alot of how to and tips flooting around if you search for them.

Welcome to the site.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 01-17-2004, 04:07 PM

Send a message via AIM to homemade wrx
yeah you can either try to mod (change gears) in the diff..or do one of two things....use WRX tranny (has same ratios)...or buy the Impreza rea end....should be fairly cheap from a junkyard...
Old 01-17-2004, 06:46 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Re: Help! needing differential info

Quote:
Originally posted by DERS
Hey everybody,
I've watched this forum for quite some time, and have gotten some great info from you guys, so I decided to register and join the fun.

I've got a '92 LSL that I'm converting to a 5 speed using a '95 Impreza drive train. I understand that it is not the greatest setup to use, but it was pretty much free. I was hoping I could get a few questions answered.

First-- Will the ring and pinion from the impreza (3.90 gears I think) fit in the SVX diff? If it doesn't, does anyone know who I can get to build me some axles so that I can just mount the whole Impreza diff in the SVX?

Second-- Does anyone know how to wire the reverse lights up when doing the swap?
Awesome first post!!! I don't think that I have ever seen anyone that just joined the site post about doing a 5 speed swap on thier first post!!! Good on ya!!!

P.S. Homemade WRX..... Do you live near NAS Oceana??? I went to school there for my job... I kinda miss it, It's alot nicer there than it is where I'm at now...

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 01-17-2004, 10:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to homemade wrx
Re: Re: Help! needing differential info

Quote:
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
P.S. Homemade WRX..... Do you live near NAS Oceana??? I went to school there for my job... I kinda miss it, It's alot nicer there than it is where I'm at now...
Yeah man Oceana is about 10-20 minutes from my house depending on how many lights I catch on Princess Anne and Dam Neck....
Old 01-20-2004, 10:15 PM

I posted about me doing the 5spd conversion which iam still going on about my 2 post, 1 post was about the fuesable link.