Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Cars For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2011, 12:52 PM

Post 1992 SVX LSL No.813 - Ebony Pearl

ALL PICS AND VIDEOS AT www.onemechanic.com

here's one: http://www.onemechanic.com/svx_driverside_bigpic.jpg
(my pics are too big to show here without stretching out the page)

Location of the SVX: Woodbridge, VA

Year: 1992

Make: Subaru

Model: SVX LSL

Manufacture Date: 05/91 (Production Number: 813)

Vin: JF1CX3538NH100813

Paint Color: Ebony/Pearl

Interior Color: Gray

Miles: ~267k

Options: sunroof, heated mirrors, power leather seats, climate control, CD/Tape deck, power door locks

AWD or FWD: AWD

Modifications: No mods, but I think there's a hookup for a hands free car phone, but I don't know anything about that, never touched it (I'm cell phone era).

Engine Condition: great condition. strong and pretty quiet. no problems past or present.

Transmission condition: good condition. shifts great. No known problems. I was told by a Subaru dealer that they thought it had been replaced or repaired before I bought it, which was a good thing. Has button to switch from automatic to 4 speed manual driving.

Glass condition: excellent condition. brand new windshield from Safelite, because a highway rock chipped the windshield and a crack spread. I had it towed to avoid driving with the cracked windshield.

Type of tire and remaining tread: new Falken FK-452 tires from NTB. 225/50ZR16

Type of wheels: original wheels in good shape but paint has faded from center caps. Yes, they're on "backwards." The guys at NTB just did that when I bought new tires.

Interior condition: great condition. drooping driver side sun visor (has a temporary fix), leather driver's seat has wear, but no rips. power driver's seat does not slide forward but other positions all work. If that's a problem, I can throw in the original drivers seat for free, which does move forward (just doesn't look as good). Non-smoker (driver/passengers).

Body condition: great condition. One dent on rear passenger quarter panel was there when I bought it in 2002. Paint of front bumper chipping, but no dents. The Hi resolution pictures show everything.

Known defects or problems:
exhaust pipe leak (must fix to pass Prince William County's emissions test)
may need brake work
power steering fluid hose leak
cigarette lighter non-working
radio antenna broke (motor is fine)

Comments about the car: My SVX originally came from a Subaru dealership owned by an SVXer, was one of the first ones built (No. 813), and my mileage proves that this one was built to last, and will continue to perform as other cars come and go. This is a rare LSL without a rear spoiler (more sleek/exotic to me). A few years ago I was going to buy a nicer looking, smoother driving 96 SVX with about 150,000 miles less than my 92 SVX, but a dual used car inspection on that 96 SVX vs. my 92 SVX (performed by its original Subaru dealership) showed that my '92 was in far better condition.

Reason for buying: I bought this SVX used in '02 after an underaged girl with no license or permit totalled my Mustang. She ran a stop sign, causing the collision, leaving me traumatized and afraid to drive, and especially afraid of intersections. So I bought the SVX because it was fast and handled well (in case I needed to quickly escape an oncoming accident), but it still weighed enough to protect me if someone ever did run into me (which never happened). Before I bought my '92 SVX, I was stuck on 'Stangs, but of all the cars I've owned or driven, SVX is definitely my favorite. With the combination of speed, handling, absence of blind spots, and curb weight, it feels safer and more fun to drive than anything else (in all weather). The seats also gave me great support on long trips, as I recovered from back problems from the incident with my Mustang. It served me well, and (with trust in GOd) helped turn me from someone afraid to drive, into someone who loved to drive (and I brag about the mileage).

Reason for selling: An SVX is too small for my needs now, so I have to let mine go since I have a larger vehicle now. My SVX is now considered a "toy," and I have to put business before pleasure... for now.

Asking price: $1400 obo

ALL PICS AND VIDEOS AT www.onemechanic.com
Old 11-20-2011, 10:35 PM

Send a message via AIM to Green1995SVX Send a message via Yahoo to Green1995SVX
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: 1992 SVX LSL No.813 - Ebony Pearl

BTW, your car is Pearl white, not Ebony Pearl. Ebony pearl is black.
2001 Audi S8
Old 11-25-2011, 05:30 PM

Re: 1992 SVX LSL No.813 - Ebony Pearl

Awesome...