SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2003, 11:37 AM

Send a message via AIM to zavikan
Dream car, minus a few electrical shorts

Bought myself this SVX, and it truely is my dream car. beautiful styling and beautiful performance, a safe car, and reliable(for the most part) and I discovered today thru some inspection inside the hood that its probobly been in a front end collision at some point. both fenders have been repainted, and a few little bars that dont support much in the front were bent up as well....I discovered this while trying to figure out what was wrong with my fog lights..

I Bought the car and both fog lights were burned out, so I just got bulbs for them, and they are shorted out someplace so that no matter wether the ignition is on, or the fog light switch is on, the lights themselves are ALWAYS on. so I pulled the bulbs and I have them sitting there without them right now...I could use direction on how to diagnose the exact location of the problem and how to fix it.

Also my alarm system does not work properly...the driver side door won't set off the alarm if opened while armed. and never turns on the interior lights when its opened, and the little door panel light doesn't either.

PLUS when I actually DO set off the alarm by the other door, or the trunk(rocking the car doesnt seem to set it off). its....like..shorted out or something... is it not susposed to be a constant horn beep..beep..beep..beep..beep? cause what I got now is wierd...it doesnt repeat itself, and its like... beeeeeeep..beep..beeeep..........beep...beeeeep... .beep.....beeeeeeeeeep.beep.beep.beep....pretty pathetic.

All the help I can get will be appreciated.