Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Cars For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2009, 11:57 AM
It's pronounced "Bee Rad."

'96 Red LSi, 75kmi, Charlottesville VA

State SVX is in: Virginia

Year: 1996

Model: LSi

Paint Color: Red

Interior Color: Beige Leather

Miles: ~75,000

Options: Leather, AM/FM Cassette/CD, Cruise Control, Climate Control, Power Windows, Locks, Steering.

AWD or FWD: AWD

Modifications: Stock

Major service: Power Steering pump replaced Spring 2002, AC System recharged Summer 2009

Engine Condition: Excellent, Synthetic Oil changed regularly, coolant flushed/replaced Summer 2009

Maintenance Records: Somewhat complete

Transmission condition: Excellent, fluid flushed/replaced Summer 2009.

Glass condition: Excellent.

Type of tire and remaining tread: Kumho Ecsta, 40% tread

Type of wheels: Stock, center caps are worn/faded

Interior condition: Fair, some cigarette burns, sun visors were drooping so I removed them, some stains on carpet.

Body condition: Large dent over drivers side rear wheel well, dent in passenger side door, small dent drivers side rear bumper.

Known defects or problems: Rear wheel bearing(s) replaced a little over a year ago by Subaru dealership, but apparently they didn't do it correctly so they're worn out again, very loud droning.

Comments about the car: I've had this since December 2001 and have enjoyed it very much, but I just recently got out of the military and I don't have the money to repair the wheel bearings or anything else that might go wrong with it in the future. If I had cash flow I would use it towards the CARS rebate, but I also don't feel I need a brand new car.

Asking price: $3,000 or best offer. I'm currently out of work and school, so I'm available to talk at any time and I'm very flexible with delivery or pick-up. Will also consider trades for a 4WD SUV or Jeep (First Gen Mitsubishi Montero / Isuzu Trooper, Cherokees, Wranglers, 4Runners, Land Cruisers, Pathfinders, etc). Let me know what you have and I'll consider it plus cash, straight one-for-one trade, or SVX plus cash.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:02 PM
It's pronounced "Bee Rad."

Re: '96 Red LSi, 75kmi, Charlottesville VA

Forgot to mention, I can't get pics posted just yet. I have my computer and camera packed and am borrowing a friend's computer at the moment. I can provide fairly decent cell-phone camera pictures via text message though, just send me a PM for my cell number.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:07 PM

Re: '96 Red LSi, 75kmi, Charlottesville VA

First of all,

Thanks for your service.

Second, that sounds like a very nice car. far too nice for CARS, and thank you again, for realizing that it might not be the best deal.

Hopefully a red, low-mileage SVX will go to someone who will continue to enjoy it, and keep it on the road.

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.