Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Cars For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Yesterday, 07:22 PM

1992 LS-L 4.44 swap in Oregon. Needs radiator.

TL;DR: Upgraded 4.44-swap AWD 1992, needs new radiator and a good home.

I have loved this car since I got it, but now i must sadly let it go. I cannot get parts for it or take care of it any longer. I want to find a good home for it.

The car is in generally good shape, so ideally i want the buyer to get it into working condition again instead of parting it out. Immediately it needs a radiator replacement or stop-gap fix. The radiator body cracked and does not hold fluid very long. I have not been able to source a replacement and i don't have the skills or facilities to do custom fabrication. If you want to clean up an SVX to drive around, this is a very good unit to start with.

Buyer will need to come and get it. I cannot drive it more than 2 miles. It should be towed.

Location of the SVX: Beaverton, Oregon

Year: 1992

Model: L-SL

VIN: JF1CX3531NH108378

Manufacture date: 01/1992

Paint Color: Claret ("Purple")

Interior Color: Dark Grey

Mileage: 150,140

Options: leather, power seats, moon roof, CD player, rear spoiler!

AWD or FWD: AWD

Major service: 4.44 swap

Maintenance Records: Some

Engine Condition: Good

Transmission condition: Good

Glass condition: Perfect

Type of tires and remaining tread: Mud/Snow tires. Decent amount left.

Type of wheels: Original stock/factory LS-L wheels. Center caps replaced in ~2012.

Interior condition: Good smell. Leather cracking on rear seats.

Body condition: Good. A few tiny door dings, but no major damage. Clear coat starting to come off on hood.

Known defects or problems: Cracked radiator needs replacing before it can be driveable. Wiring may be getting old (dash lights flicker sometimes). Needs a new battery.

Comments about the car: This car had a custom 4.44 transmission swap in 2008 performed by John Subaru in Gaston, Oregon. Drive train is in pretty good shape. Should be pretty nice vehicle if you can solve the radiator issue. Only two major owners. Was a secondary vehicle for the first owner. Car was sold when original transmission failed. Second owner rebuilt transmission and resold it to me. I have owned it since 2006 and kept it up. Car had one minor fender-bender but no other collisions. Tags on car are currently expired. Has not been driven in one year.

Asking price: $1,000 USD

Pictures:

More on request