SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2008, 07:39 AM

New member, please answer my Q's...

...appreciated if you would!!

New owner of 1994 svx L, fwd, 120k, no regular maintenance in four years because the guy didn't know better than to change the oil and had no problems. Drives, shifts, just fine. Got the IFR6E11's on order. Even though it cost out my ass. but given the lifespan of plugs, don't mind it.

So everyone knows, I have done some FI builds on other GM 4 cyls and rebuilt some perf- SBC's, but mainly GM 4-cyls.

Many questions about the car, been lurking for a few days....I have used teh search, please be patient with a noob.

1. This transmission is past the time of getting clogged because of the screen, that was 1992's and 1993's?

2. How tough is it to replace the stock transmission filter? Does that guy still have them for $10 shipped?

3. Being that I live in MT, do I really need an extra cooler/filter post rad?

4. Gear oil? Transmisson Fluid? I'm assuming both need to be changed along with the oil, the plugs, etc. Suggested gear oil and trans fluid?

5. How long till my autotrans dies?

6. Other suggested maintenance? Brakes and that are new from August.

Perf- section - goal = DD, keep the auto, get stb's or fab them, fab the cai(crazy), get the ecutune 1v5?

7. WTF, no strut tower bars? I saw the group buy.This car amazingly has less aftermarket than my old saturn. Are there any of those bars left? Has anyone ever made rears?

8. Plumbing and locations for oil psi and trans temp sensors.

9. Do people just run a pipe out through the fender hole for a cai? I noticed that the stocker was setup pretty well.

10. tommyz(sp?) intake? Still around?

11. ECUtune 1v5 daughter board.....how does it work? Any problems reported?

12. Crush the bead why?

13. 15$/15minutes - I saw the install post, could someone explain the concept please?

Thanks guys!! I will have more as times goes on, please be patient. I really appreciate the help.