View Single Post
Old 06-02-2007, 03:28 PM
Now with Colder Air!

Send a message via AIM to Amazonparrot Send a message via MSN to Amazonparrot
Is this a good price?

I'll make a long story a really short one: I am looking at buying a friend of the family's '92 Pearl, which is in really stand up shape with 86k on the odometer, and I don't know what to expect to pay. I payed $3400 for my 92 four years ago, so I'm not really sure what they are worth these days.

The details:
1992 SVX, pearl white, newish dunlop tires, 86k, working ac, good paint, good leather, 3-4 owners? The gentleman is about 60 years old and is a good personal friend but wants $4500 for it...which I think is a little steep for a '92. Not to mention that the car has an unknown electrical drain issue, where the battery will die if the car is left with either or both battery terminals connected, multiple visits to the shop and many new batteries have not fixed this apparently.

So given its good condition (except for the possibly large electrical problem) and the fact it is a '92, what is a reasonable amount for me to offer him?

Thanks guys!

-Andrew
1992 Subaru SVX LS-L Ebony Mica: Custom Cold Air Intake, Smallcar Shift Kit, ECUtune Stage 1v4, Flowmaster Exhaust, UR underdrive pulley, 4.11 gears, iRotors Drilled and Slotted rotors, Axxis Brake Pads, 18" Enkei Wheels w/Pirelli Pzero Nero M+S, 20% Window Tinting, K&N Panel Filter, Rockford Fosgate Sound System w/XM Radio, Removed Intake Resonator *SOLD*

2003 Subaru WRX: 2003 Impreza WRX (Aspen White); Vishnu Stage II; IHI VF-34 Turbo; Walbro fuel pump, STi Injectors, Vishnu Up-pipe, Down-pipe and Signature 3" Cat-back; Samco Intercooler hoses; JIC Coilovers; STi A-arms; Whiteline swarbar bushings; Stoptech 13" rotors w/4-piston calipers; Braided Steel brake lines; 17" Rota Wheels with 225/45/17 Falken Azenis (R-Comp).
Charlottesville, VA Represent! (voted #1 place in America to live!)

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?Amazonparrot