View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 02:42 PM

Collectiblility...

is actually an interesting issue. I agree w/svxistentialist's comments with respect to rarity and technology. However, one thing the SVX has going for it is an unusual combination of Ital(ian) style, awd, a lovely flat six, excellent handeling, a quiet, fairly spacious cabin and good build quality. So, tranny problems and weak wheel bearings aside they still represent superior value in the used car market place. You're getting a hell of a lot of car for the money. (I know, I'm preaching to the choir again.)
What I'm seeing is an appreciation in price of ALL low mileage SVX's NOW. Check the Auto Trader. You may be able to get a good deal on a low mileage SVX but sellers (private and dealers) are at least asking for pretty high prices. I check car prices regularly and that's what I'm seeing. That should tend to bring up the value of higher mileage, well cared for SVXs. Generally cars are a depreciating asset. So it appears that at least ours are not depreciating nearly as rapidly as most of they're peers. Could be a lot worse.
What do you guys think?
WGJ

Last edited by WGJ; 12-27-2005 at 02:49 PM.