View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 05:46 PM

Re: What do you think of my new wing?

I've started my prototype inspired wing. It isn't exactly like it, I could have done it closer, but I like this better.

Looking at the JDM wing, I don't believe it would be the best start for a prototype copy, overlapping the sides of the trunk lid is kinda ugly to me compared to the molded look of the prototype. I think the US stock wing will do so much better. From the moment I got the car, I thought Subaru mounted the wing in the wrong place, so I am fixing that and also molding it into the trunk lid to flow more like the prototype. Remember, this is not a copy, it is just inspired by the prototype, I took some liberties and am making it look good to me.

This is just the start, it will flow so much nicer once the glass work starts:

Once the glue has done its thing, I'll start molding it to the trunk lid with fiberglass. I did shave the sides of it down some, that thing is really thick, I took about 1/4" off that edge and still will not go through it if I stab it with a screwdriver. If it was about 1.5" forward, it would look more like the prototype.

I probably could have started with a different wing and got closer, but I had the stock wing already, I wasn't quite happy with it, I'm making it look better and am only out a little in materials.