View Single Post
Old 02-12-2002, 05:52 PM
Green1995SVX

Re: Is this a fair price???

Quote:
Originally posted by InukSean
I am in the market for a SVX and I just test drove one tonight and I'm trying to figure out whether or not it is a fair price that is being asked.

It is a 1995 Ls AWD(I believe it is an Ls), it is not an Lsi.

It is Dark Green with Grey cloth/leather interior. The body was in great shape with only 2 minor inperfections. One of the lenses on the front left blinker was cracked real good. But just the plastic. And the kick plate on the inside step of the driver's side door was mostly snapped off. Intact, but the clips underneath were all broken. Also, there is no sunroof. (But I don't really care about that)

Mechanically, the car started right up and I couldn't detect any obvious problematic sounds. The car has 108,000 miles. The tires will need replacing soon (and an alignment) and I think a brake job will also be needed soon.

The car had some awesome pickup and handled exceptionally well and the heat controls worked well. It has a 6-cd changer in the trunk as well.

The price being asked was $4,750.

This was just a casual look at the car and I want to ask the folowing things the next time I talk to her or see the car. The VIN# and the Transmission serial # (is this necessary in a 95?)

I know the dealership that it was originally bought at and I wonder if I can give them the VIN# and they can give me a repair history on the vehicle. Is that possible?

I know I'm jumping al over the place, but I have been interested in this car for years now and I think it's about time I just buy one and I want to make sure I'm getting a fair value.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Sounds like you're talking about an L awd. As far as the price, if It's operating correctly, that sounds like a great deal. I bought my green 95 L AWD for 7000 with 91,000 miles on it, and it had a lot of problems when i bought it. Good luck!

-Mike