View Single Post
Old 04-24-2004, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gl1674
Can anyone provide an explanation how these "ingenious" devices work and what they do (other than enriching their inventor)?
Here's a quote from one of the web sites promoting it (others are similar):

Quote:
Super FuelMax is a magnetic frequency resonator that installs over a vehicle fuel line. This fuel saver's patented Neodymium super conductors generate a specific resonance frequency that will fracture hydrocarbon chains in passing fuel. Because of this, combustion becomes more efficient and is accelerated, thereby burning more of the passing fuel that normally is exhausted as un-burned, wasted automobile pollution.
As you know, many automotive products promise the "moon & stars", but fail to deliver when put in scientific test conditions. Perhaps FuelMax works, perhaps not, but I feel safe in categorically refuting "Neodymium super conductors" and they most definitely are NOT a "magnetic frequency resonator".

Well, before I have to remove foot from mouth, I should review the latest scientific literature and find out if the FuelMax manufacturer has found a way to make Neodymium a room temperature superconductor - this WILL get them the Nobel prize in physics. I wonder if you can win two awards in one year...creating a magnetic resonance device with a static magnetic field is deserving all by itself.

BTW, I wonder what chemical compounds they break the fuel down into....octane turned into what....heptane, that results in a greatly reduced "octane rating" and an engine will knock like crazy....but maybe I'm the one who's crazy

Last edited by lee; 04-24-2004 at 08:24 PM.