Thread: Door Glass
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2003, 01:33 PM
Cuban Assassin

Re: Door Glass

Quote:
Originally posted by danrowski
Greetings from the South.

About a week ago I had my SVX broken into and basically raped of all aftermarket stereo equipment. Access into the car was made by bashing the passenger side top glass area on the actual door. I will be needing to replace this very soon and would like to see if anyone here as some advice. I have tried www.subaruparts.com and they had the glass at a very reasonable price yet they would not ship it to me because they are afraid of it breaking. I tried to introduce them to the concept of insurance but I don't think they went for it. I have never really seen any posts of this happening and yes I did run a search. Any info is much appreciated.

Ciao.
My drivers side upper piece of glass was smashed in June. Really weird, the day before I put in a $700.00 Alpine deck. It was still there, in fact nothing was stolen. Just some random vandalism I guess.

As for as shipping a window is concerned. Mine was shipped right from Japan. There was an insane amount of packing, no possible way the window could be broken. The box wouldn't even fit in the back of my truck!