View Single Post
Old 11-11-2014, 06:25 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Every member please check in here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYOSVX View Post
"...he countered at $9000 and I took it..."

Stole it.

These cars are so undervalued, IMO, that Blue Book rules don't always apply. There are very few cars you could have spent that money on and gotten so much for your $. I guess most of us feel that way and that's why I paid too much for mine when I bought it. Mine was close to home so I was willing to pay up to $1000 extra. You'd have had to be very patient to find such a deal elsewhere and, then, you may have had to travel and it's just too hard to trust what you can't see and touch.

You might already know that there are lots of SVX owners with a bunch more money than $9k into their rides, so most would say you got a fine deal.

Thanks for sharing the pics. Someone's done a fine job of detailing. I like your idea for the stereo system so you can keep that stock look.

Again, congratulations and welcome to the SVX club.
I am passing the "stole it" bit on to the wife. She likes to give me crap. Mostly jokingly. She has been in it when we went on our local car event "Metro Cruise" that runs the width of our town where thousands gather at the dealerships and malls by the side of the street. She loved the attention it got. The last dealership on the trip was a new Subaru\Porsche place of course. We drove through it and the employees were all pointing "Hey check it out, that's a Subaru!" More folks were checking us out than the Porsches.

She won't admit it publicly but she loved the attention. Then there's the total strangers that have waved us down and the thumbs up gestures. Friggin cool car. LOVE IT.