View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 07:31 AM

Re: Every member please check in here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leNoobe View Post
Hi everyone, I'm here because I wanna do some research about the maintenance of The SVX as I'm considering it as a first car. ..young person as a first car.
It's a great first car if you understand what you are undertaking. The SVX today is not an investment. Don't expect to get your money back, either the purchase price or the money spent on maintenance and repairs. It is an opportunity to own a bit of history, drive something out of the ordinary and have a lot of fun. Doing research is important. These are old rare cars. They have a lot of technology on board. They require upkeep. 20 year old plastic parts, hoses and electrical connections will fail. You need to have sufficient funds to cover possible repairs. Plan to get your hands dirty. Part of the satisfaction is doing the work yourself.

If you understand all that, the SVX is about as much fun as you can have on 4 wheels. I love going to a Subie meet. Impreza owners have a special reverence for the SVX. You feel like royalty. And, I had a Mustang GT with side pipes trying to race me this morning. :-)

97 LSi Brilliant Red
94 LSi Pearl White