View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 04:54 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Re: Fiat 500 anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcess View Post
I wonder what increased exposure of the SVX would really do?

The car has been around a long time and there are people of driving age that were not even born when the SVX was introduced.

We can increase the awareness to a certain extent and generate some enthusiasm, but to what end?

For the most part, most of the good, well-maintained cars are already snapped up. If you tell people how wonderful the car is, and that they can be bought for next to nothing.

But you also have to say:
  • They are problematic and deficient in many areas...

• Subaru no longer supports this car by making more replacement parts; make do with what is left... No windshields or other vital parts.

• The aftermarket community doesn't support the car as it is a low-volume vehicle, and therefore not as profitable...

• Subaru stopped training techs on the car 14 years ago... and there are many shops unwilling to tackle a complicated service. Parts and service are expensive.

and the list goes on...

Now watch that enthusiasm wane.

In my opinion, for those new to this car, the window of opportunity to enjoy it whenever, with parts and service readily available and at an affordable price, has sadly been closed.

They don't wane when you say,

Subaru no longer supports the vehicle but the SVX network has worked with Subaru to purchase the tooling or rights to manufacture spares. Oh right, the network is not even a legal non profit, does not have any club status what so ever, has not even thought about going through the pains to ensure the survival of the car long term.

Sadly the dictatorship here has followed the path of the federal gov't and ignored the painful realities as it was too hard and would cost money to do. At least then there would be a legally accountable record of all the donations that went to the site. Still haven't seen a ledger since the illegal donations have started.