View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 10:37 PM
The NEWBIE

Registered SVX
Re: knocking noise from the engine bottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbianchi View Post
.wow settle down, there have been several replys to your problems, sometimes we don't know! Good luck with your SVX they are good cars with a few quirks, sounds like you got a fairly good one, be patient with it and get it figured out and ENJOY!......................G
i know there have been replys but nothing as i usually get around here
that's why i was asking if it's complicated...i trust my mechanic buddy but i trust you guys more thats why i'm asking again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conn SVX View Post
BTW putting your foot to the floor usually won't help as this is a fuel injected car no choke. How old is the gas, are u sure it is not contaminated? Ever did a compression test? How are the plugs? All the coils in good shape and connected. Any loos or cracked vac lines?

I just re read all the posts . So how many miles on this car?
What year? your not giving them much info .Where is the video you promised ? A little help here on your end .
i know that normal mechanics know little about the car that is why i'm here asking u guys
in the manual says if it doesn't turn on push the gas...so i did that
i didn't "flush" the gas if that's what you are asking...the car had been siting for some time before i bought it
coils and vac lines seem good
~135km
vid link below:P
you ask for any details, i will provide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapani View Post
I guess there are a million things that might cause hard starting in a 20 years old car. Is all OEM equipment in place and unmodified? All vacuum tubes etc intact? Does it run ok when fully warm?
What color is the smoke? You say oil/water.... I presume it is white/gray, eh?
Personally I would start by hooking up the ECUtuner to see what exactly is going on . I can not stress enough how important true information is in diagnostics....
Then I would check how fast the fuel pressure builds up when you turn the key first time.
Is the oil contaminated with water? You can have the gas in the radiator analysed for exhaust contamination.... a clear indication of potential head gasket problems...
There's just so many things to check and a lot of info needed.

Kind regards,

Tapani
everything OEM stock...everything in place....just like new cars when warm
smoke is white-grayish...2-3 secs of heavy smoke when turned on cold...then completely goes away
i'll try to take a vid of that as well
i will flush all fluids this weekend...hope it solves some issues

link to the zzz noise
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrjpqleMY00
at 0:07-0.12 ish

thanks you guys sooooo much...hope some day i can start helping others:P
-Regasketed Engine @140k
-Enkei Raijin 18x8.5, with 255/35/18's @140k
-BC racing Coilovers (From STI's) @142k