View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 09:01 AM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Re: So Cal meet is ON!

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post
I realise distance is quite literally a bigger thing in the US than it is in Ireland. Even so it would be good to support the So Cal guys because of the museums and the event.

Use the Museum meet as a springboard to organise a more central West Coast event for future use.

Joe
Understood Joe, and reading back over my post I guess I wasn't very clear and almost sounded negative against the SoCal meet. Not the case at all.

The museum meet sounds fantastic and I hope to see it become an annual event - one that I WILL attend if that becomes the case, at the very least when I relocate to CA.

I just meant like you said, that it also becomes a springboard to a more centrally located All-West Coast version of Reading, in addition.

Even if it's just a 2nd CA meet sometime in summer (the museum meet being in April) and moved up 8 hours to the San Francisco area or something. Still a long haul for folks in BC or WA, but 8 hours closer nonetheless.

But first things first. Looking forward to seeing great participation in the Southern CA museum meet! I know Paul and some others have been working for years to see a big SVX meet in the area.

I'd be there myself if I had had a bit more lead time to plan life out.

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...