View Single Post
Old 08-20-2002, 09:15 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Question

I don't really want to get off on a major O/T at our vehicular worship site. BUT.... since we're here....I have a question.

What if we had an electrical device that fit snug on the head, I'd presume, & for anyone convicted of a heinous crime, the device would be plugged into a common electrical socket, & after the smoke cleared, the perpetrator of said crime would be rendered "normal"?

I mean he/she'd have no recollection of past crimes, would cringe just as we do when presented with the gory details of said crimes; & would now simply desire to find a nice civil servantish job, marry, have kids & settle in behind a white picket fence.

Would we allow such a thing? We allow certain individuals to "do time", after which of course they're 100% rehabed, & now become free to become solid citizens behind those picket fences.

We say we're against "vengeance", as if vengeance is somehow "cruel & unusual" in & of itself. I disagree. If we could truly change animals into caring human beings with a brain-zap, it wouldn't satisfy the vengeance quotient we all have secretly imbedded in our psyche.
I think a life behind bars is far more vengeful than the now gentle
medically administered "g'night" we bestow upon our most talented scum. I do tend to lean toward the "eye for an eye" aspect of retribution, but I claim to be "civilized" (biting lip) therefore cave in to psychobabble to avoid confrontation with those of a more liberal bent. Hell - one 'o them liberals might just be a crazed ax murderer!
Gotta protect myself!

Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.