View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 08:05 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manarius
My vote goes to either duty solenoid C or the clutch packs. I've never heard of the valve assembly going out. It's usually that the solenoid shorts or the clutch pack gets worn out. Both can be done on the car, but it's a pita.
Well the C solenoid fault will post a code, and worn out clutch, both stop the rear drive. A lot of the time, it is binding that happens, that is not caused by either.
The transfer valve assemble has two valves in it, a pressure regulator valve, that the C solenoid modulates to operate the transfer valve, which applies line pressure to the clutch.

I think the problem is that in the SVX, the valves don't get a lot of use, the car is mostly driven on long straight roads. So the valves sit in the one position, to sludge stick in that spot. Till the time comes that it is called to operate the clutch, so moves into the sludge bit to stay there.

Nick and all the other Northeners, excercise there valves regularly. So as I have said before, get to spin the wheels on some grass every now and again.

This applies to the Euro AWD too, as the Limited Slip clutch operates the same way.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.