View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 06:03 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearlywhites1992
OK, now I'm back to square one. AFTER I figure out for sure that my AWD isn't working...should I first do the Solenoid C, or the clutch pack....
or both? Help!
Let me put this for you into my POV.

The US recieved the less sophiticated of two AWD drivetrains. Front wheel spin should be plenty more common in our vehicles.

BUT, a great majority of SVX owners on this site, myself included, bought the car used, and given the history of this car overall it is probable the components recommonded here are at the very least slightly worn, and due for a change.

I myself am unsure of the condition of my solenoid and whatever because the transmission shop where I had my tranny overhauled was very clear that they only dealt with transmission related issues and not the various things connected to them ie differentials, what have you.

So in short, I won't rest until I have replaced every faulty thing on my car and given the great possibility things other than the transmission were damaged during my romping days when I bought the car, and regardless of the apparent semi-flawless operation of my AWD, I am going to replace everything in time merely to be sound of mind. (:

So my advice to you is replace those things, the C solenoid/transfer valve assembly.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.