View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 03:12 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiketkd
If you want a peak under my hood, I want a peak under yours Bill...

-Chike (N.B. All of Danny's statements are speculations at this point...)
Is there a competition concerning boosting the SVX's i dunno about? the peaking thing? -->

And yes all my statements are speculations at this point but i am eager to make them a reality... let's just discuss and see where we end up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdigerlando
You make a good comparison with the M3 engine. Very comparible. The 97 engine, at least the american version, was only a bit more than ours. I believe about 243 HP. The difference between the 2001 (330 HP) engine and ours is that the rev limit is extremely high. The torque is close to the old engine. Similar gains as the S2000 made with their 2 liter N/A little beast, making lots of HP and very little torque.

The M3 is an all round well engineered car. A lot of the performance numbers come from properly matching the engine to the transmission as well. The 1997 M3 was faster than the SVX due mostly to its weight and 2WD manual transmission. Then again the WRX with its AWD manual is as fast as the 97. The 2001 up are beasts! You will need an STi to compete.

As for discussions related to cam changes and what performance enhancements you would recieve, I am not qualified to answer that, nor am I even able to give you a good starting point. It sounds like you have done your research. If you have another vehicle to drive, and you can afford to play with this car, then I think it would be fun to do cams. I guess the big question for you is "do you have the resources to do these experiments". The tough thing about the SVX is that there are so many other cars that are so much easier to tune, because there is a lot more interest, present company exluded. It's cost effective for tuners to experiment with M3s and WRXs and not SVXs. Only when they want like 1000 HP do they look at our platform. The road, even for race companies, has sounded long and fraut with failure. So be prepared. I would definitly contact rebello racing and see if you can get a rebuild from them. See what they propose for changes. I could not get them to tell me what they did to the engines to keep them from blowing up under high power. Perhaps you can. At least they have experience working with these engines. You could even specify what types of pistions and rods you want. I know I am.

Good Luck
As far as i know the 95 M3 engine was able of 286HP then upgraded two years later to 321Hp...
As for the SVX engine, i want to have the agreement of most of the knowledgeable members advising me about certain criteria because i am more than willing to open up my engine and do the necessary mods. I will contact rebello racing and post the feedback...

thanks again Chuck.

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.