View Single Post
Old 06-20-2005, 08:11 PM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
People of Michigan...

...I have two words for you: ROAD MAINTENANCE! Good grief! Parking equipment on the side of the road for several years doesn't count unless you actually put it to some productive use. Then again maybe you are, maybe you're using the highway shoulders for an equipment parking lot.

I'm in Detroit this week for more training (gee, maybe I should have done this thirty years ago ) and have found some of the worst roads I've ever seen. Maybe the ultimate plan is to sell more cars by way of thoroughfare attrition. My hat's off to those that can keep a car on the road more than five years.

That and I'm kinda wondering how safe my SVX is here. I've only seen about four other non-Fords around... If it doesn't have a blue oval on it, it's heading away from town.

It is kind of cool around here though, I'm in a national training center around the corner from Roush, down the road from new model engineering and testing, the Ford proving grounds, Ford World HQ, The Henry Ford Museum, Greenfield Village, Rouge River plant, Ford's estate (called Fairlane, of course), yadda, yadda. It's enough to make Shadow sick.