View Single Post
Old 02-18-2002, 02:22 PM

Gas Milage

My milage went from about 22 to 19 with the conversion from the OEM automatic to the Level 10 with the modified stall speed and HP torque converter. I would expect the same numbers as you (if you are tuned up well with new plugs and timing belt). Let me know when you can verify this.

BTW, what do you think about the Chalak gearset I posted? Any thoughts on using this when yours breaks? I wonder if the RS has the same dimentions as your legacy transmission. If so this would be easy to retrofit. I'm talking way in the future though.

Have you ever considered standardizing your process and putting together kits. It seems like you have licked a lot of the little details associated with this conversion. I think the Chalak rebuild of the RS transmission would suit even the most modified SVXs yet done on this site. You could even do staged advances for those that cannot afford the gearset, and just want to have the conversion done. Heck, if you could do a kit with illustrated instructions, a real good subaru mechanic could put this together.

I may do some instructions with drawings on the Tec II when it is completed to my satisfaction.

I think a low level of modifications including porting and polishing with used 300 ZX turbo injectors, Tec II, intake, exhaust, headers, and a standard transmission would produce a 300 - 350 HP stage of the SVX that would be incredibly fun to drive and very streetable.