Thread: Shock And Awe -
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2004, 11:17 AM
tancred

Shock And Awe -

**This isnt street racing its touring**

So i had to head up the mountains to this place about 34 miles up from downtown SLC, i enter the canyon which i usually take about 80 and i see this SAAB just tearing it up, and im like, OOOH i want a piece of this, so i jump on the bandwagon, and we proceed up the hill, he walks away from me, and im like, no F-ing way....so i nail it, we are putting down about 120mph up a 7% grade and he still is walking me, and im thinking WTF, its saab. So being the spirited driver that i am, i begin to take the corners, by diving to the inside from the outside lane on each corner, nobody else on the road but me and the SAAB, so i finally catch him and pass him since my handling is obviously better, he gets behind me and makes a mad dash up at me, so i pull over wave him by. He gives me a thumbs up and takes off like there is no hill..my poor bone stock SVX is going..."Dustin I hate you" and we let the saab go, well i get to my destination and i see the saab is sitting in the lot, turbo timer still going, so i wait, and the owner comes out and we bull**** for a few minutes....SAAB 9-5 Aero = 250bhp 2.3l Asymetric Turbo Charging....
370Nm Torque, which i dunno what that is in Ft/lbs. But it sounds impressive. So we talk and he is like, nice svx, and i tell him it was until it got the hurt put on me by a damn SAAB...

For more info on the SAAB that killed THE BEAST..
http://www.saabcentral.com/features/95_index.php

I take my hat off to the SAAB.....ive never gotten so worked..