View Single Post
Old 05-05-2005, 03:25 AM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Thumbs up alt. upgrade done today!

well i got bored today and thought: what can i do to the svx today?? well my wife suggested i do the alt. upgrade i've been wanting to do. so off to the local audio shop for 5 ft. of 4 ga. high strand count,corrosion resistant wire and 6 gold terminals.24 dollars total. hooked it all up(took about an hour) and checked it with the voltmeter. got 15.2 volts at the battery after it ran for a minute. before it was only 14.6. with all accessories on including wipers, high beams and all i still have 13.3 volts with it in gear and idling foot on brake. definite improvement! lights are brighter and it even feels alittle peppier. it did have sort of a dead spot from 6000 rpm to shift at 6500 where it would be acelerating and just let you go from the seat at 6000 like i let off it or something but not no more. it pulls all the way to redline now and it feels much better. definitely a cheap and easy upgrade that every single svx owner should do. wouldn't have known about it if not for you guys. thanx!