View Single Post
Old 07-27-2006, 07:46 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pockets
Thanks.

Our DSLR serves my wife and me very well. It gives me the control I want over every stinking picture I take, and it has an automatic mode for my wife to use. Automatic really means totally automatic - you can't choose the focus group, and it'll even pop the flash (which is brighter than the freaking sun, my one complaint about the camera) when it sees fit.

I hate using LCDs as viewfinders. Most people have difficulty with them, so they make family get-togethers more aggravating. Who hasn't waited while their aunt or uncle try to find everybody in that little screen, when they could just look through the stupid camera?

I futz with my camera much more than any aunt or uncle at a family picnic, so I don't make anybody pose. I like candid photos much, much better.
Paul/Phil some confusion here but all valid and no problem.

I have come back mainly to compliment in regard to the photos published here. They all have real appeal, as well as having technical features. I love the child framed with the hand rail, but not in exclusion of others.

I agree that an LCD screen is a pain and no match for a proper SLR which gives all the required information in one visual message. Photography frustrated me until I obtained an SLR which brings everything logically into FOCUS

Excellent worthy thread.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!