View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 04:57 AM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Re: Direct bolt-on calipers

The following is a cut and paste from the SVX Nation Face Book thread on the upgrade of the front calipers to 4 pot.

"So after seeing a bit of interest in doing the 06/07 wrx and jdm 4/2 pot caliper swaps, we have decided to put a feeler up for anyone interested in our customs cnc'd front caliper spacers. These are designed to widen the front 4 pot calipers to accommodate a Tribeca front rotor on our SVX's. Shout out to Ryan Clark for doing all of the mock up work so we had the measurements correct to make these.
Prices will be as follows, and will be based on the number of people interested.
1-9@$90/set
10-19@$80/set
20+@$70/set
One set includes 4 total spacers for 2 front 4 pot calipers.
I will leave this post up for one week with a running list of interested parties. At the end of the week, I will take payments for interested parties and submit the order. I'm being told it should be about a 2 week turn around from the time the order is submitted to the time of completion due to a heavy volume of work at the machine shop.

*note* you will need further components to complete this swap not included with these spacers
-Tribeca front rotors [any year]
[06/07 wrx calipers]
-z32 caliper pins
https://www.z1motorsports.com/…/fron...mm-and-…
-an extra set of caliper o-rings, same part number as whats in the caliper rebuild kits. Here is a link to a kit for just the extra set of o-rings
https://www.z1motorsports.com/…/z32-...ng-kit-…
I will keep a running list on this post, so please pm me of you have any questions or interest in getting on the list so its easier for me to keep track. "

In our mind not too bad a tested and verified option. The only known issue is wheel clearance with the oem wheels. May need a pair of 5mm wheel spacers to clear the oem wheels at 10-20$. Oh, info in [ ] are my adds to clarify the info. Not our investigation, not our info or parts order.

Very short time to get in on this as the spacer order will be submitted Feb. 2 2018!!!

Last edited by gwynethh; 02-01-2018 at 11:09 AM. Reason: provided cut off date