View Single Post
Old 03-17-2003, 11:44 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Texas Help Needed!

A fellow SVXer from Texas, whom I'd met at the 10th anniversary meet, called me the other night. I'd given him a card with my phone number on it. If I recall correctly, he has replaced his RR bearing twice in 95K miles (the first time, shortly after he bought the car NEW in St. Louis). He stated that he let the bearing go for much too long the first time, so, my guess is that the inner surface of the knuckle is the culprit.

Anyhoo, he's in Dallas and is looking for a knowledgable and reliable technician to A) tell him (honestly) if there's a problem with the knuckle, and B) replace the bearing for (hopefully) the last time.

He had searched the shop search (although he hasn't been able to log onto the Network Forums yet -- he's admittedly computer challenged) and found nothing.

Can any of you Texans help a guy out with a reliable tech? If not, he'll be in St. Louis over the Memorial Day weekend and said he'd not mind driving to Louisville from there to have Beav do the deed (since I'd spoken of him so highly). Obviously, if he could get reliable help in Dallas (or surrounding area), it'd be much better for him to make the trip to St. Louis on a new bearing.

Any help would be appreciated.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI

Last edited by Aredubjay; 03-17-2003 at 03:06 PM.