View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 09:56 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Headlight restore

I believe I've said it before, but I will say it again: I 100% fully stand behind this product:

http://www.medsproducts.com/retail_p.../restorem.html

It does exactly what the video shows, and is the simplest kit on the market. The self leveling sealant is what makes it the best IMHO. $18 for the kit, and each kit has 2 applications. Meds states 2 cars per kit, but if you are quick about it you can do 2.5 cars per application, for a total of 5 sets of lights. Not bad considering the price tag. I did my friend's 99 Grand Cherokee lenses (and if anyone has troubles with yellowed headlamps its Chrysler, they are notorious for it) and they came out looking brand new. Originally they were so yellow that the Hella bulbs I put in came out looking like yellow fog lamp bulbs at night. The low beams were so bad you couldnt use them.

I did the SVX with the same packet as his Jeep (they were pretty bad), and they came out looking like Sean's pictured below. While not perfectly clear, they were pretty good considering prior condition.

Longevity, it has been a year and I need to do a minor touch up on the Heep. Not sure about the SVX, ask Nate.

If anyone is interested and wants to volunteer their lights, I'll bring one of the pro kits to the Reading meet and host a demo/tech session. 1 pro kit is enough to do 12 cars. Or if you are so inclined to try for yourself, give Dave or Wil a call at Susquehanna Motorsports, mention you are an SVXWN member and give them your forum name for a 10% discount (I would also be willing to offer these at my cost if interested, which is a slightly better discount since I have an account with them).

We've done these kits at the shop as well, and have plenty of test results on Subaru lamps.

Originally Posted by Huskymaniac

Dino pulls (Tom dresses up in a Barney outfit and stands on rollerskates as we drag him around the parking lot)

Originally Posted by svxfiles (in response)

Purple fur and "Drag" are not words usually associated with Tom.

Last edited by DiabloScoobyru; 11-05-2012 at 10:02 PM.