View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 08:03 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Help, No Power! (power mode, that is)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SURTEESS View Post
ok - here is "rough" circuit diagram. I am still of the opinion that the supply rails have been swapped over - & the thinnest track is the part that has blown.

Swapping +VE & GND means that D4 is now working a reverse protection mode - hence the blown track ......

As a side issue what sort of signal is from the TCU connection - as it goes through (I presume a high voltage diode before the lower zener?).

U1 is just an oscillator with C2/R4 creating a triangle wave & R3 doing a pseudo PWM - still unsure how this varies to give the various dimmer settings, hence question abouve about TCU.

Let me know if you want me to correct the schematic (give me details as ref-designators Vs values).
Ok, this is getting a little too deep for me!
I'm thinking the only way the supply rails could have gotten swapped is when the remote starter was installed maybe someone was hooking things up with the battery connected and accidentally touched two wires together. No wires were actually cut when it was installed.

That schematic is good enough for me but if you want I can give you the values of the components for future reference.

I think I'm just going to try putting another 5225 in there for now and see if it works. Also, I got another board (with no blown tracks ) from Bobby (sicksubie) so I'll try that one with a small fuse to make sure I don't fry this board too!

I'll let you know what happens, but it might not be for a little bit. Our driveway is like 8 inches of mud right now, so I can't do much test driving with my car.

SOLD - 1992 LSL 180K #8588 with svxfiles' all aluminum radiator; Wolf's head synthetic ATF in tranny and power steering; lighted power mode switch; Mobil 1 10W30 motor oil with Bosch 72158 filter; ACDelco A975C air filter; Valvoline synthetic 75W-90 gear oil, Optima BlueTop battery
2002 F550 74K
SOLD - 2000 F450 215K
1987 BMW 535i 209K
1999 Yamaha SRX 700