Old 01-24-2008, 06:38 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxg765 View Post
Hello Joe,

I would say for the cause of collectability the first and last years of production hold the most value and are most desired by collectors. This is of coarse not considering things like limited production editions, rare colors, or rare performance options like the american muscle cars of teh 60's and 70's. In the case of the case of the SVX, since there wee really only two trim options (aside from AWD or not) it would come down to the 1st and last years and the anniversary edition in 93 (I think) would too demand more in the future. Now what would maybe set apart the 97's from 92's would be how many of each year was produced making one more rare than the other. An example of this are the 93 to 95 Mazda RX7's. There were only some 500 to 600 95's produced for the US and today the demand the most dollars having been the least produced year and the last combined into one.

But in the end, and again, 1st and last plus the anniversary editions are the tops in my books. In the case of the SVX, its low numbers, and all years not really having any differences, all are pretty close and ultimately things like the condition inside and out, historical maint. records, how many owners, and miles will be more valuable than a 92 or 97 year.

Regards

Max
Yes, all good points Max. I would not disagree with any of this really. But by pointing out the desirable factors you avoided answering the question as to which would be better at this point in time, a low miles 92 or a low miles 97?

White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl