View Single Post
Old 11-06-2005, 10:47 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
I understand fully. I mentioned that it would probably be advisable to use a wideband, EGT guage or a dyno when doing this mod. My thinking is flawed though. On a boosted car, the boost pressure would push outward from the bypass instead of sucking the air in from the bypass. That is for another thread/another forum. Thanks anyways! Carry on!
You're over thinking it... All you have to do is bypass the MAF... even if you let the air enter 3 inches after it, you're effectively letting unmetered air in, and therefore causeing the car to go leaner. This would then be before a turbo, and it wouldn't cause any problems.

I still think the valve idea would be the best way to do it. It would effectively be an AFC and would allow you to run at whatever A/F ratio you wanted (fitting the stock maps and not knocking)

I think someone looking into a turbo setup could use this pretty effectively. maybe even use a throttlebody from the junkyard, attach it after the MAF to the intake tube. (before the turbo if its a turbo car, have a similar, or more restrictive filter) and voila! insta air fuel control. you could even get all fancy and have an electronically controlled actuator to control the TB valve. I would however suggest making sure your knock sensors are in perfect working order before you tried this. (Maybe that J&S safeguard or whatever its called)

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker