View Single Post
Old 08-13-2004, 08:22 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

I thought about getting a used BMW or even a Mercedes, but I really like the safety of awd. A BMW 330xi or Mercedes 4-matic C class just isn't in the same league as the S60R - even though they're in the same price range.

The Audi S4 is the only other car I'm seriously thinking about, but the new ones have an NA V8 and weigh close to 4000lbs like a 5 series BMW or Lincoln Town car!

I guess I'm just smitten by the quirky uniqueness of the Volvo which reminds me of my SVX in many ways...

-Chike
Quote:
Originally posted by SVX-FF
Chike if you are looking for a family car that you can auto x in then forget the Volvo. If you are going to spend 40,000 then go for a used BMW 540i. I will not lie to you. I had to fix one at the body shop a few years ago. It was a brand new 2002 540i. I about wet myself with the way it handled and took off. It had a 4.4L 6 speed, 5 passenger, go get you some family car from hell. I love that car. Yea it is the Ultimate Driving Machine!!!!

Steve

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)